Life happenings at Jacs place

Saturday, January 27, 2007

This little Scrapnut is at it again.
More pages to share from yesterday. Had a quiet day at home and seeing as dh went out fishing late in the afternoon and Asher wasn't feeling the best either we missed out on the fireworks. Oh well next year.
The first page is the one I did for the desginer dairies 10 + photo challenge and for a challenge over in the bickie tin to make your own chipboard embellies. So love it when I can double up on my challenges.LOL I made my own letters and then covered them in some yummy Piggy tales paper that I got with my Jan kit from Em. So love the papers and even though they are in blues and greens, not the usual girly colours I use, I am having fun working with them. I enjoyed doing this one and I made sure I didn't lose any photos like I did when doing my Waiting page, which was my first attempt at the 10 photo challenge till I lost one. LOL. The journaling reads May you always enjoy yourself as you explore the beautiful place we call home. The photos were taken up at kings park a few months back where we went for a friends birthday party and Asher had a ball in the playground there.
My second page is for the 123 cyber crop and while puting it together I had to keep telling myself no double upping on this one. We had to use White cardstock, 1 rubon, 2 photos,3 flowers and scollops on our page. When Charm was typing up the challenge she add a J to it by mistake and I joking said thta I was going to add it into the page somewhere and I did.LOL. I used the piggy tales papers again for this one. I am so loving the idea of getting kits at the moment as some of the guess work of matching papers and stuff is done for you.
Ok guys I think I need some tips on getting good pics of my pages. I take them out side to do it and turn of the flash so I don't need to worry about flash glare on my photos but most times I never seem to get good clear shots. My Puppy eyes page is actually on white card but it looks pale blue here and on my explore page the lettering in the title is not very clear a little fuzzy looking. It may have something to do with the resizing on the explore page but who knows with the Puppy eyes page.
Anyway got to go as I've got another lazy day at home ahead of me and I am planning on doing some more scrapping while I can.
Till next time happy scrapping.

11 Comments:

At 27 January, 2007 , Blogger Francine Burgess said...

oh im with you on the kits..i just received one from Tarisotta and i love it..everything ready to go..
im loving your work Julie, its gorgeuos,,as for the camera taking pics, i usually scan but have just started taking photos as it is easier but i have no idea about your colour?..sorry

 
At 27 January, 2007 , Blogger Chris Millar said...

Hi Julie, both these layouts are terrific!!
I would just suggest trying lots of different places around your outside area or even inside that has some really good indirect sunlight. I find my bedroom is the best in the mornings.

 
At 27 January, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pages Julie, the scrolls on the 2nd layout is beautiful.

I take a photo in indirect sunlight (I place in on the floor in front of the window) then when i am cropping it, I do auto enhance and it correct the colour.

HTH.

 
At 28 January, 2007 , Blogger Micaela said...

Hiya Julie,
Love your latest layouts - they looks great! (love that piggy tales paper too)

I agree with the other girls, just experiment with photographing your layouts in different areas of your home and at different times of the day until you find what works best!

 
At 29 January, 2007 , Blogger Julie said...

Fantastic work with the layouts Julie.
If your layouts are looking too blue then usually the spot you took the pic was too shady - try sourcing out a bit of a brighter place.
Do you have a photo program that allows you to play with the coloru adjustments - sometimes this happens to me and i just raise the colour to add a little more yellow to the layout.

Good luck with it

 
At 29 January, 2007 , Blogger Vicky said...

awesome pages Julie, just stunning!

 
At 29 January, 2007 , Blogger Janine said...

Gosh, you have been busy!!! Keep it going, I love seeing your pages!
Janine

 
At 30 January, 2007 , Blogger connie said...

Hay Julie... amazing pages.. love the explore title!!!... as for taking photos... everyone has pretty much noted everything i do.. but as Melanie said do a photo enhance.. thast what i do when the colors not right!!!

C....xxx

 
At 30 January, 2007 , Blogger jodee76 said...

Hi Julie,
I scan my pages. My scanner isn't big enough so I scan each page as 2 files then join them together. It takes a bit longer than a photo but I never seemed to be able to get a good pic with a camera (hard to believe I'm a qualified photographer!) and this way, my pages come out alot clearer.
Jodie

 
At 30 January, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pages Julie.
As for kits I've just subscribed to the Boxx of scraps, which will be sent out monthly...just to see if I enjoy getting a parcel in the mail once a month, full of scrap goodies...no guessing on that answer PMSLOL :P You have done a fabulous job on the LO including 10 photo's.
As for taking photo's of your LO's...everyone else has pretty much covered it I think.
Good luck...take care
Tammy

 
At 30 January, 2007 , Blogger Louise said...

HI Julie, once Again glorious LO's!!

I use a combo of what all the ladies have said with their tips for photo taking, Ive found that in the bathroom with dappled afternoon light without flash and auto correct in image program works a treat lol.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home