Life happenings at Jacs place

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Don't you just love a good chat and some great challenges.
Yes you guessed it this Scrapnut has been cyber cropping again and catching up on some challenges too. LOL
My first page share is my favourite of my weekend four. I did it for the Apple weekend workout we we had to scrap our most treasured possession. I had to think about just what to do and then I thought I would scrap Blackie and Snowy. Two stuffed scotties which are the first thing I can remember buying for myself when I started working oh so long ago. I took them down from Asher's wardrobe to take some pics and you guessed it I had to take some of her with them as well. LOL When I seen this one on the screen after downloading it of the camera I knew that I couldn't not scrap it so I used this one insted of the ones of Blackie and Snowy by themselves. I even popped it into the snap and scrap comp over at Em and if I am lucky one of the lovely DT girls over there will pick Asher's pic to scrap for me. The journaling around the paper reads...Blackie and Snowy. Two treasured possessions that are no longer mine. Asher. Another treasured possession that will never truely be mine for long.
I was able to do my usual double up on this page and did it to a set of directions for a challenge over in the bickie tin. So with the cj page I did durring the week and this one I am now up to date with my bickies.
Onto my cyber cropping pages for the crop over at CIS.
We had three challenges on Friday night and this is the first one. We had to use a black background, lots of colour and something cut out from patterned paper. I've been trying to scrap some of my older pics of Asher in an attempt to catch up but being the camera clicking nut I am there is no hope of that happening soon. This photo was taken on a trip out for a bike ride. Asher was so excited about the ride until we got to the park and she seen the playground. The ride lasted two minutes from the car to the playground.LOL.
The second challenge was to do a page using predominatley blue and pink, make one of J1's, form Em, famous paper flowers( I did mine in material),stamping and use something new. I used my new pebbles inc stamps that I won a few weeks back for a weekend workout at the apple yard. Again an older photo of Asher enjoying a farm visit at daycare. She was very excited to see the animals.
The third challenge was a skecth one. With it though we had a list of about eight embelies and we had to include 2 or more of them on the page somewhere. I chose to use eyelets and the photo anchor. The photos were taken last year when Asher went to school for book week dressed up as Jessie. We raided her dress ups for a hat, put on her Houston shirt with the boots on it, added a check shirt, some freckles, Bullseye and her pink boots which she just had to wear and we headed of to school with her Yeehahing and boot stamping all the way.
And last my 123 challenge page. We had to use material, focus on the journaling and lots of chipboard. I have been playing around with this one for weeks now. I wasn't too happy about how it was looking when the calico and then the photo buckled when sewing it them down. I managed to hide it on the photo with the journaling but everything I tried to do to the calico to hide it at the bottom wasn't looking any better so I decided to leave it. Once again some older pics of Asher. Taken at a friends place enjoying a jump on the trampoline after eating cake while sitting on it.
I have pretty much nothing else to share it has been a quiet weekend here. Craig has been of fishing for most of it so I've been able to scrap to my hearts content.
So much for me starting on my circle journal I am in with a group of the girls over at CIS but then I've always got next weekend.LOL Anyway till next time happy scrapping.



12 Comments:

At 15 January, 2007 , Blogger Megan said...

Far out Julie!! You have been busy!!

These are all so very gorgeous...can't believe how many you have done! Just fabulous :-)

Megan xx

 
At 15 January, 2007 , Blogger Jolene Pienaar said...

Hi there, wow completing all three challenges and the 1,2,3 one. and they are all amazing!!

 
At 15 January, 2007 , Blogger Joanne Bain said...

OMG you have been a busy lady. Love all of your layouts they are fantastic!
Have a great week
Joanne

 
At 15 January, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG Julie you have been very busy!! All your LO's are gorgeous as per usual. TFS.
Take care
TAmmy

 
At 15 January, 2007 , Blogger kristy.lynn @ kristy.makes said...

love all the new stuff girlie! :)

 
At 15 January, 2007 , Blogger Mel said...

WOW you have been busy and all your LO's are fantastic.

Mel xoxo

 
At 15 January, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you certainly had been busy! those layouts are gorgeous!

 
At 15 January, 2007 , Blogger Julie said...

Awesome work with the CC challenge Julie - they all look fantastic. Had a bit of a giggle that you had to incorporate the folded flowers i've got in SC - though the strips should only be one inch, not the two like they said LOL - makes heaps easier to fold, likin your fabric ones.

 
At 16 January, 2007 , Blogger connie said...

Julie wowie.. is all i can say... these layouts are amazing!!!... i am so loving all the fabric!!!

boy you luky thing DH gone fishing you scrapping.. i miss that life..lol...(qld life)..

Take care..
C...xxx

 
At 16 January, 2007 , Blogger Louise said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 16 January, 2007 , Blogger Louise said...

Sheeeesh Julie youve been a creative Demon!!!

Your 123 LO is fabo!!!

Cheers Lou :)X

 
At 20 January, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE your LO's!! How do you do so many?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home