Life happenings at Jacs place

Monday, January 08, 2007

Warning huge photo share ahead.
I've been a little busy scrap nut since Wednesday night so have got a few things to share.
Em had their first cc for the year on Friday night and I had a blast as always. Sare set the challenges and she really had me thinking.
The first challenge was a skecth one and we had to do it around the a new ? theme. After stumbling across Ali Edwards blog a few days before hand and reading her post about finding a word to discribe yourself I choose CREATE as my word then did my page for the first challenge around it.
The second challenge was to follow a summer theme. We had to use three or more pics, chipboard and painting. I loved the pics of Asher I took last week and knew I would end up scrapping them. I was able to add a quote that I found in the library over at sb.com to my page and use it for the CIS monthly competition as well and seeing as the lovey Dana in the get published challenge thread at sb.com set us a summer page challenge I killed three with on page so to speak.LOL
The third challenge was to use circles and inks. I have had this pic of Asher hold a fish that her uncle caught for a while now and wasn't too sure just how to scrap it but I loved how it turned out. Although the flowers on a fish page I first thought would look funny but seeing as I am a flower loving scrapnut I couldn't not put any on.LOL
The fourth challenge was an optional one and I am so glad I ended up doing it. I love my scrap treasure bucket. We had to alter a bucket. It had to have a painted finish to it as well as the words my treasures. It is going to sit on my kitchen bench, when I get it back from Scrappindipity, and hold all those little things that get left behind on my kitchen bench after my scrap mess is all packed away.
I feel so guilty. Bec over at Scrappindipity is pretty casual about when the dt projects get done and she gave me a pack of Deja view papers at the end of Novemeber last year. I did say to her that I probably wouldn't get to it till after xmas. I managed to do a page and then poped it away and toatlly forgot all about it till about a week ago. So I am of there on Friday with my projects. This bucket being one of them.
My best friend had herlittle boys 1st birthday and name day ceremony on Sunday and I made up this card and a little autograph book for him. The book was for everyone to write a few words in for him. Not that many people did though. I found a few nice life quotes and added them onto the pages. Have only taken a pic of one page as they were all the same aprt from the quotes.



I felt a little awkward there as my ex and his new wife were there too. I met my bestie through my ex dh's best friend when he married her. When we split I said to him that I wouldn't be breaking any ties with Paul and Justine as they both mean too much to me. His new wife and him can't see it that way though. Even some of the friends we all use to hang around with were a little stand offish. Oh well on to better things. A pic of my beautiful girl. Some one who wouldn't be here if it wasn't for my ex calling it quits when he did.
Anyway till next time happy scrapping.

14 Comments:

At 09 January, 2007 , Blogger Danielle Holsapple said...

I don't know how you do all that you do!!! I always enjoy seeing your new creations!!!! Love that bucket!! Happy scrapping!

 
At 09 January, 2007 , Blogger Megan said...

You have been very busy Julie! All your creations are just lovely.

What a shame your ex doesn't want you all keep the same friends....like you say though, if he hadn't called it quite, you wouldn't have your beautiful Asher.

Megan xx

 
At 09 January, 2007 , Blogger Chris Millar said...

Wowsers! You have been busy Julie! Love all your creations! Especially the bucket! Gorgeous pic of your girl too!

 
At 09 January, 2007 , Blogger deirdre said...

OMG Julie, all these LO's are amazing! I love the beach one, love it!
And as to Asher not being here if your ex hadn't gone, well that speaks for itself doesnt it. YOU WON!!!! And those friends who dont accept it...well they aren't really true friends are they?

 
At 09 January, 2007 , Blogger Francine Burgess said...

love it all Julie!!! you are just going great guns...good for you!!!

 
At 09 January, 2007 , Blogger Amie said...

Julie I just love the bucket & your LO's too!!

I am soooo going to copy the bucket idea.

Amie

 
At 09 January, 2007 , Blogger connie said...

Mt God Julie.. you have been busy... how do you find the time to create such wonderful art!!!

Love it all...

C....xxx

 
At 09 January, 2007 , Blogger Louise said...

WOW you have been a busy Scrap nut, way to go girl!!!

{All the more for me to be inspired by }!!

Cheers Louise :)

 
At 10 January, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are one busy scrapper Julie, everything is just gorgeous, I especially love the fish layout, it just really took my eye, and the pale is awesome.

Have a great week.
Carole.

 
At 10 January, 2007 , Blogger *Beatriz Jennings* said...

NICE !!! LOVE YOUR WORK!

Bety.

 
At 11 January, 2007 , Blogger Sheree said...

Hey gorgeous stuff Julie!! I love the idea of the bucket, I forever have leftovers lurking around lol.

I love your fishy LO too!! Flowers rock, no matter if there is a fish in sight or not. So I'm glad you put the flower in :-)

 
At 11 January, 2007 , Blogger Julie said...

Great job with all the challenges for the Embellished CC Julie - they all look fantastic and great idea for using the bucket you altered.
Really love the idea of the autograph book for the naming day - bit of a shame not many filled it in, would of been a beautiful keepsake as he got older.

 
At 12 January, 2007 , Blogger Rika said...

Wonderful scrap work!

 
At 14 January, 2007 , Blogger Sarah said...

Tht bucket is awesome!! You have been busy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home