Life happenings at Jacs place

Thursday, February 01, 2007

My baby headed back to school
Yesterday was the start of another school year for Asher. She is a big grade 1 now. Boy the last six years have gone so fast. We went outside to take some pics and I wasn't allowed to take some pics without having her school stuff in the photo with her.
I got a school shoe pic too. Took me a while to find some that fit. She has got narrow feet. A photo of her walking of down the drive.
And one of her unpacking some of her stuff into her bucket that sits on her desk.
I was pretty good and held it together but then if she had been upset about it all it may have been a different story. She pretty much couldn't wait for school to start and for me to leave. And we got the usual comment from her when we asked her how it was.
"Very well thankyou"
It is her standard answer for that question whether it be school or daycare. Craig and I just laugh now when either of us ask her as we know what the answer will be.LOL
I booked myself into a class over at Scrapbboks from the heart the other day. A class by Emily Falconbridge. I so can't wait for May. I found out too that some fellow cisters from CIS are going too so I will also get to met some online scrappy friends. It would be nice to put a face to the nam so to speak.
Onto scrappy news. I finished my page for the week 2 texture challenge over at the apple yard late yesterday. Not got a photo yet so I will post it and my little mini book, I finished last night too, with the yummy Scenic Route paers for my dt spot at Steph's.
Today is my house cleaning day so I am going to get stuck into it and when that is done I hope to get back into my scrapping before getting Asher from school and going straight of to swimming. I've got a few other things I need to try and do. A list a mile long so to speak.
I got lots of yummy mail on Tuesday. Anorder from CIS with their Jan kit with some more scrummy bg papers and some alphas stamps which I already have christened and some yummy crate papers, my weekend workout prize with some Paper Saloon papers for my Treasured page a few posts back, another prize pack from a blog comp over at Sissey scrapbooking kits with two lots of alphas and some Heidi Swap photo corners. And there was also a package for Asher from Sares over at Em. She decided to give her a little prize for being a not so willing participant in my Lost poster photos for the Em exposed comp that was held last year. A real cute little jewelery box that looks like a bag. She loves it.
Anyway I think I've rambled on enough. I've got to go wake sleeping beauty to get ready for school. Wish me luck as she hates being woken. The one thing I hate about her being back at school. If she didn't have to wake up she would sleep till at least 8.
Till next time happy scrapping.

4 Comments:

At 01 February, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Julie, you have been so very busy, and your layouts are just stunning, you always come up with something so very different.

Asher Grade 1, and I love her shoes, Sarah is in Grade 7, it goes so very fast.

Wishing you all the very best.

Carole.

 
At 01 February, 2007 , Blogger Mardi said...

Asher looks gorgeous all ready for school.....I took some very similar photos of Briony as she headed off to her first day at High School.
Lovely layouts as usual Julie.... you amaze me with the amount of layouts you get done.
It sounds as though the class in May will be fantastic.
Mardi x

 
At 01 February, 2007 , Blogger Kelly said...

Asher looks so confident with her school books & pencils. Great photos too :-)

Kelly x

 
At 01 February, 2007 , Blogger Laura said...

You are a busy lady!! Asher is just darling in her first day of school outfit. These pics will make an awesome page. She is beautiful Julie!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home