Life happenings at Jacs place

Thursday, February 01, 2007

New page to share.
Here is my page that I did for the apple yard wek 2 of the 8 week challenge. We had to use texture at least four different types on it. I had so much fun putting this together and thinking of different textures to use. The stamped image in the corner of the photo is done with texture paste. I pulled mine out and had a play with it, mix some paint with it then using a popstick spread it over the mm stamp. Wasn't too sure just how it would come out but love how it did. The photo was taken on our first wedding aniversary. We went back up to Tranby House here in Perth which is where we got married.
The journaling reads.. My hearts desire came true the moment I found out I was having you.(On the calico andaround the layout)When I found out I pregnant with you I knew I would want to find out if you. our christmas blessing, were a girl or a boy. I was over the moon to find out we were having a girl. Don't get me wrong, if you had of been a boy I would have loved you no less but after six grandson's something in me wanted to be the one to give my mum her much wanted grandaughter.
Just a couple of pics of the texture detail.

I was able to double up on this one. On my American forum I am part of a critque group and we have challenges set every now and then by one of the members. I managed to include the three aspects of the challenge in this page.

I would also like to thank the girls over at the apple yard for the lovely comments I got for this page. When I was reading them today I actually got goose bumps and was even starting to get a bit teary. Thanks HEAPS guys.

Anyway got to run and get Asher and then make the mad dash to swimming.

Will post the dt stuff tomorrow after I have taken them down to Steph.

Till then happy scrapping.


10 Comments:

At 01 February, 2007 , Blogger Crissy Gaylor said...

WOW! Love all the detailed work that has gone into this! Amazing!

 
At 01 February, 2007 , Blogger Julie said...

Hi Julie,
thanks for visiting my blog. It is great to meet new people in "Blogger Land".
Just loooove your textures layout ... very talented !!
Look forward to blog chatting in the future.
Cheers,
JULIE C

 
At 01 February, 2007 , Blogger raquel said...

This textures layout is just absolutely fantastic Julie!! Well done :o)

 
At 01 February, 2007 , Blogger Laura said...

Fabulous page!! I love all the details. Definitely need to submit this one for publication!

 
At 02 February, 2007 , Blogger Mardi said...

Wow Julie...such detail and texture...gorgeous

 
At 02 February, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there

Thought I would pop in and visit you here. Happy New Year (belated as this greeting is). I can not believe it is already Feb.

I am loving your recent layouts. So many great colours, styles and ideas. Your work is excellent Julie.

I hope Asher is enjoying school again this week. My Amanda is not impressed at being woken at 7am. We both got into a habit of sleeping in until 9am during the recent holidays.

Bye for now, have a great day and take care of yourself. Thanks again for sharing so much of your scrapping. I love seeing everything you have been making.

 
At 02 February, 2007 , Blogger Jahnava said...

WOW that layout is just beautiful!!! I love it!

 
At 02 February, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that layout is stunning, julie!!!

 
At 02 February, 2007 , Blogger Francine Burgess said...

absolutely gorgeous...so yummy..what a winner!!!!

 
At 03 February, 2007 , Blogger Julie said...

Such a soft and pretty layout Julie - you've done an awesome job with it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home