Life happenings at Jacs place

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Cyber cropping pages
I had a ball on Friday chatting up a storm with some of the girls from Em in their Friday night cyber crop. As usual I had alot of fun chatting, too much to scrap that night.
The first challenge we had to do was to do a page about what love is and to include hearts somewhere. I popped into the box and noticed that this weeks challenge there was to use hearts and ribbons so I popped this in there too. This is one of our wedding photos.
The second challenge was to make a card. I ended up just putting this together with what was on my bench after making the layout. This card will soon be on it's way to America. One of my SB.com scrappy pals has a fellow SB friend who isn't all that well and she has asked a couple of us to make up cards to cheer her up. It will be sent of tomorrow.
The last challenge was a sketch. I did this one with one of the many photos I took of Asher and her first day back of school. I made a start on her grade 1 pages, it is a pity that I am so behind on her pre primary album. Oh well you get that. I used my silent setter on this to make the holes. Not too sure if anyone has one but I find it so hard to get the holes done. I was going to do it right the way round but ended up just doing the four each side. If I hadn't of picked it up second hand from the markets for $10 after my girl friend paid $40 odd for hers I would be pretty disapointed in it. I was actually going to back the holes with black bazzil and forgot to do it before taking the photo so will do that later. Not too sure about the flower set up at the bottom. Agter looking at it on the screen here sort of looks like frog eyes too me.LOL
And this is one of the pages I did with my kit from CIS. Still got heaps left so hope to do some more with it later.
I am still to do my border challenge page for the CIS comp I am in. I'm going to be working on that later on tonight. We are of out for chinesse tonight.
Anyway till next time happy scrapping.

7 Comments:

At 04 February, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic work Julie. I love that card you made. It's very very pretty.

I also love the layout about the new school shoes. The papers you used on it match the photo so nicely.

Have a fun and safe week ahead and thanks for sharing. I love seeing everything you make xxoo

 
At 04 February, 2007 , Blogger Francine Burgess said...

oh my you have been soooo busy and done such fabulous layouts and mini books..im amazed..they are all awesome!!! love checking out your blog its inspiring!

 
At 05 February, 2007 , Blogger Sarah said...

Oh I LOVE the 'New shoes' layout....beautiful!!

 
At 05 February, 2007 , Blogger Mardi said...

Julie...I adore that new shoes layout...totally cool.
Love your work as always.... have you had any news on our CJ's?....I havent...but Im looking forward to them coming home.
Mardi x

 
At 05 February, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... all fantastic. Just gorgeous.

 
At 05 February, 2007 , Blogger Unknown said...

wow Julie - you amaze me with all the beautiful work you get done!

 
At 08 February, 2007 , Blogger scrapbook CAPITAL said...

congratulations on the CC win Julie... your layouts and card were stunning and so nice to see a new name in the winners circle. well done.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home