Life happenings at Jacs place

Friday, September 15, 2006




Dt layout and card

This is the layout I did with the scrap pack from Steph's scrapbooking. I took it down to her today and she loved the flowers. Thanks J1 and Ali from Embellished for inspiring me to have a play with my papers and make my own flowers. They took a little fidling to get them to look right but I love them and will be making more of them.

Close up of the flower detail on the layout.

My thanks card I did with the pack as well.











I did my first poppit layout today as a themed challenge for the dters set by Jodie from Arty Pants. I had fun doing it. Much to Asher digust I raided her ever growing stash of paper dolls to make the poppet and stuck a cut out of her head onto it, then dressed it up. Asher was soon consoled over the fact she'd lost one of her dolls when I said I would buy her another one. Will post it here later as I'm not too sure if Jodie wants them seen for the first time in the newsletter or not.
That's about all for now.
Till next time happy scrapping.

13 Comments:

At 15 September, 2006 , Blogger Julie said...

What a gorgeous pic on the DT layout J2. looks great with the colour over black and white........ fantastic job with the flowers too.
cannot wait to see the poppet

 
At 16 September, 2006 , Blogger Dana Tate said...

what is a popit?
great work btw.

 
At 16 September, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just dropping in to say hi. I hope it's ok for me to visit your blog.

This looks fantastic, I love the blues and the way you made the flowers. Excellent work Julie:)

 
At 16 September, 2006 , Blogger Mardi said...

Hi Julie...just when I thought you couldnt do flowers in any other possible way.....you come out with NEW flowers..lol
Love them....you clever flower girl.....and Im looking forward to seeing your poppet layout...they alwasy look so cool!
Mardi x

 
At 16 September, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowsers Julie this is FANTASTIC!! I LOVE that LO. I just want to touch it. That sounds weird hey? I swear I'm NOT a nutter!! Well, not much anyway.

 
At 16 September, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man you LO's are gorgeous. ALL OF THEM!!

 
At 16 September, 2006 , Blogger Kelley said...

They look awesome Julie!!!! LOVE them flowers!!! Well done!!

 
At 17 September, 2006 , Blogger Joanne Bain said...

Hi Julie
those flowers look fantastic...ca't wait to see your poppet
Have a great day
Joanne

 
At 17 September, 2006 , Blogger Ali Russell said...

Looks great J2!! They are all really beautiful and aren't J1's flowers so easy to make!!!
Chat soon
Ali x x

 
At 17 September, 2006 , Blogger Unknown said...

I love those flowers --- beautiful!!!! You always find different ways to use flowers --- I love it!

 
At 17 September, 2006 , Blogger Jolene Pienaar said...

Hi there Julie,

Just wanted to say thx for dropping by my blog.
Looks like we have something in common ... girlie LO's :D will be checking here every now and then to see what you are up too ;)

 
At 18 September, 2006 , Blogger kristy.lynn @ kristy.makes said...

awesome stuff julie!

 
At 18 September, 2006 , Blogger connie said...

Love them flowers!!!.. fantastic!!!
Connie..xxxx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home