Life happenings at Jacs place

Monday, October 02, 2006

I managed to do it.

I once again went out yesterday and missed out on the hour challenge over at Em so yeaterday night when I had finished my idol round 2 page I had a page I needed to to few a couple of challenges so with my pic already printed I decided to set myself my own hour challenege and I did this page for Asher's swimming album in 45 mins. This is an absolute first for me as I'm not a fast scrapper at all and most of my pages take at least two or more hours to do. I guess it being a smaller size then my usual 12 by 12 helped though.
The photo is one that I took of ourselves at Asher's swimming lessons while we were waiting for them to start. Not the best of photos but I love it and knew it would be the one that would be scrapped and in her album next to her certifcate for this terms swimming.
I finished my idol page last night too. We had to lift one of four pages and I decided to lift a page by Rhonna Farrer. I don't usually do scrap lifts so it was a challenge for me but I loved how it turned out in the end.
I can't wait for the third round of challenges to start and I will try and do the challenge anyway even if I don't make it through to the next round.
Till next time happy scrapping.


12 Comments:

At 02 October, 2006 , Blogger Joanne Bain said...

Hi Julie
LO's look great..I love your Idol entry. Good luck!
Have a great day
Joanne

 
At 02 October, 2006 , Blogger kristy.lynn @ kristy.makes said...

love this jules.. great picture!

 
At 02 October, 2006 , Blogger Mardi said...

Gorgeous Julie....and an awesome laout to acheive in the hour ..I take ages with mine too...so can appreciate what you have acheived.
Mardi x

 
At 02 October, 2006 , Blogger Sarah said...

Lovely colours in this layout Julie. Great pic too! Can't believe you did this in an hour - I am SO slow :)

 
At 02 October, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Julie,
I love this LO of you and your DD. So cuddly :) and it will be lovely next to her swimming certificate.
Takes me ages to do a LO as well...4 hours is quick for me PMSLOL!!!
Hope you had a great week end.
TAmmy

 
At 03 October, 2006 , Blogger connie said...

i love this pic... and great layout!!!!

C...xxxx

 
At 03 October, 2006 , Blogger Julie said...

Looks great J2, and you did a fantastic job with the idol layout as well

 
At 03 October, 2006 , Blogger AussieMadeExperiment said...

hey julie,

love this layout. just gorgeous. and to do it within an hour - you are my hero!

what is your email? we must hook up at scrapbooks from the heart sometime for sure!

love sharon

 
At 04 October, 2006 , Blogger Terri B said...

Love the LO Julie..but you are an awesome talent. I have always loved your work.

 
At 04 October, 2006 , Blogger Danielle Holsapple said...

Julei - I love tyour "quick" layout!The overlapping hears are wonderful!

And your idol layout is wonderful!

 
At 05 October, 2006 , Blogger Unknown said...

What a wonderful layout julie -- love that intimate hug!!!

 
At 06 October, 2006 , Blogger Jolene Pienaar said...

You did an awesome job with round 2 and i love all those hearts on your LO above.

good luck with the idol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home