Life happenings at Jacs place

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Cardstock only DT challenge

Jodie over at Arty Pants set us a tricky challenge this month. To do a page with no patterned paper or embellies. Card stock only. Oh bot was this hard for me. I just kept on having to hold myself back from adding to this but I love hoe it turned out in the end. I also did this page for a words to live by challenge over at the designer diaries blog. I wasn't quite sure just how to do this one till I was over at Em the other day and noticed the quote by Laura Ingals Wilder in a memebers siggy. I loved watching The little house on the praire when I was younger. So thanks for the inspiration Tiddlypeep.

I also managed to do this card as well with some of my bits left over on my bench after I had done my page. I am going to try and do a card or two when I've finished a page to build up my stash so there isn't a mad dash making one when I need it.LOL

I should be getting my first ever kit order in soon. I so can't wait to have a play with it when it gets here. I've already got ideas for two macthing mini albums. At dancing on Saturday Asher and her friend did a teddy swap for the week. Emily's care has been going pretty much eveywhere with her so I thought I would do up one for Emily about what her care bear did while on holidays with Asher and Emily's mum is going to take some photo's of her and Asher's bear Mr Clause and I will do the same for Asher.

Anyway it is late here and I've got work tomorrow. So till next time happy scrapping.


10 Comments:

At 22 November, 2006 , Blogger Ruey said...

oh wow....what fabulous layouts Julia....truly inspirational!!!!

 
At 22 November, 2006 , Blogger Renata Moni said...

This LO is really wonderful!
Congrats!!

 
At 23 November, 2006 , Blogger Julie said...

Wow, what a tricky challenge for sure......but you did an awesome job with it Julie.
Have fun with the November kit once it comes in.

take care........

 
At 23 November, 2006 , Blogger kristy.lynn @ kristy.makes said...

jules.. love the new lo! i can't believe it's only cardstock... it looks like so much more!


***you've been tagged... what are you thankful for today??

 
At 24 November, 2006 , Blogger connie said...

Julie FANTASTIC... i found this challenge hard too...

but i love yours!!!

C...xxx

 
At 24 November, 2006 , Blogger deirdre said...

Julie, that LO is gorgeous, the colours are just beautiful. well done!
Have a great weekend!
Deexx

 
At 24 November, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my goodness that would be tricky no embellishments and no pp!! you did a fabulous job with it!!

 
At 25 November, 2006 , Blogger Crissy Gaylor said...

Love your AP challenge! Looks Gorgeous! Have not even started mine! :)

 
At 26 November, 2006 , Blogger Francine Burgess said...

oh wow!! what an absolutely stunning layout..fantastic especially considering you have used no pp.. I didnt think one without pp could looks so amazing...love it! love it! love it!

 
At 26 November, 2006 , Blogger Kelly Slattery said...

Cool LO Julie!! Must confess you've been my inspiration for doubling up my challenges ;o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home