Life happenings at Jacs place

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Thought I'd share.
My idol pages from the comp over at Em seeing as I'm no longer in the comp. The first chal was to do a vintage style page. Something I've never done before. I ended up doing my page with a pic of my Nan. Even raided her stash of sewing goodies for the lace and buttons which probably where from Nan's at one time.

The next round we had to scraplift 1 of 4 layouts. I chose the one by Rhonna Farrier. Scraplifting is something else I've not done before.
The pic is one I took a while ago in the garden. When I wanted a photo of Craig for my music man layout Asher had to be part of the fun to so Craig got out his Dad's ukele(sp) which he gave to Asher and I snapped a few pics of them both strumming away.

Next round we had to do a miniamlist page which once again is something I don't do alot of. I love how it turned out and the best part about it was that it took me 25 mins to do. The pic is of Asher,Craig and Old Tom. Our new lawner maver a year or so now that justhad to have a name, stickers and all. The rover logo and Old Tom words were cut out from a close up pic and mounted on chipboard.
Alas I didn't get voted through to the next round.
Although much to my delight I was asked to come back into the comp in round 5 as a dt wild card entrant. The round 4 chal was posted before the voting had closed for round 3 so I was working on this page to use for a BOM chal on another site but I kept it aside just incase I got through. The challenge was to use three pics and at least two patterned papers. I so love how this one turned out.

Round 5 and we had to do a page revolving around dreams and to include beads. As I had already done a page on my dream I did it about Asher's dream to one day have a pet and added beads around the circle letters. I wasn't lucky enough to get enough votes to stay in this round so that was the end to my stint in idol. I had a great time doing the challenges and lots of fun along the way.
Thanks Ali and the girls there for a great comp. Can't wait for next years if there is going to be one.
I did have some other pics to post today but I think this one is long enough so till next time. Happy scrapping.

6 Comments:

At 11 November, 2006 , Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, you are on fire! Great pages :)

 
At 11 November, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous pages Julie!!

 
At 11 November, 2006 , Blogger Micaela said...

Love your idol pages Julie - you sould be really proud! Especially love the minimalist page! Well done!

 
At 11 November, 2006 , Blogger Jolene Pienaar said...

Hi There, I'm out too :( But we all have these brilliant LO's which we wouldn't otherwise have :)

Just love your LO's, think you just got better and better each round!

 
At 13 November, 2006 , Blogger jilly said...

Julie how do you do it? These are just gorgeous - it would take me a year to get all of that done lol!!
xxJill

 
At 13 November, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you JIll!!! So much to look at here.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home