Life happenings at Jacs place

Sunday, October 29, 2006


News pages and other stuff.
I was part of another fun night of chatting at a cyber crop over at Zig zag on Friday night. I had a ball chatting and giggling with the other girls. There were five chals set on the night but I only got to do 4 and am very happy with the results.
As per usual when I was planning out my pages I was tryingtodouble up where I could on my challenge pages and I did pretty well.
My stop taking my photo page was a challenge to use orange card and patterned paper and to included hand made flowers. Not too sure if cutting out the flowers from the patterned paper and adding punched out flowers to the center classes as hand made but I like how it turned out. I did that page for an Elise chal over at Em to include someone elses hand writting on a layout. I got Asher to write the title and was going to use it on the page itself but I just couldn't get it to work so I turned it into a tag and tucked it behind the photo. I also did this page for an inspired by comp over at scraploot where my friend Anthea is on the dt. Both Anthea and Jodies layouts inspired me to reach into my stash of chipboard and use some of my florishes.
My ? if page is one that I did for a chal over at DD's as well. The photo on the page isn't all that great but I loved it. Craig set up our camera on a rock, set the timer then raced up to sit with me before the camera went of. The journaling was a bit tough for me to work out just how to do it and when reading it to Craig the sook I am I started to cry.
My She's a bubble girl page is about Asher's love of blowing bubbles. I can't beleive that it has been 2 years since that photo was taken.

My blur page was one I ended up doing for an hour challenge over at Em as well. I can't believe I've actually been home two Sundays in a row to be a part of one. Not too sure how that one will go in the cc comp though as I realised when typing in the discription of the layout when I was loading it into the gallery that I forgot to add a tag.

It is going to be a great round this time. Ali is going to be setting a sort of photo swap set up for this round and everyone has to email in thier entries to her so that it will be an anomyous (sp) round so to speak.

Asher and her embellished lost poster turned up this week in the car park at Bunnings. Now I've got to think of some other places to take her and it this week.

I went out to Steph's on Saturday night for a dt crop and had a great time. She set us all a challenge with a monchramatic pack that she wan'ts us to sub into one of the mag calls that is happening here. I pretty much got it finished that night. I just have to do some journaling. Will probably get to it some time tomorrow. We also got our next pack and I can't wait to scrap with it. I also should be getting one in from Arty Pants too.

Anyway I think I've written enough of an essay so till next time.

Happy scrapping.

9 Comments:

At 30 October, 2006 , Blogger Joanne Bain said...

Hi Julie
You have really been a busy girl..your layouts look terrific.
Have a great day
Joanne

 
At 30 October, 2006 , Blogger Anthea said...

lovely LOs Julie!

 
At 30 October, 2006 , Blogger Julie said...

Busy, busy Julie!!
Great job with the layouts, they all look fantastic. Am really loving your 'exposed' pix at the moment, always curious where they will show up next.

 
At 31 October, 2006 , Blogger Kelly Slattery said...

Loving your exposed pics!!! And awesome combining of your challenges WTG!!!

 
At 31 October, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous layouts julie!!
i esp love the first one so cute!!

 
At 31 October, 2006 , Blogger Ali Russell said...

You have been scrapping up a storm J2!!! Great layouts! Keep up the good work!
Chat soon
Ali x

 
At 31 October, 2006 , Blogger Crissy Gaylor said...

You have sure been busy! Love the blur layout. :)

 
At 31 October, 2006 , Blogger Sarah said...

One busy lady!! Love the B&W layout

 
At 05 November, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

loving the blur lo... you just keep it going!:) awesome stuff girl!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home