Life happenings at Jacs place

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Thought I'd share
This page I did a while back. It was done about two months ago now. With my American forum, my first point of addiction to scrappy forums, there is a group of us girls that help and support each other in our goals to become published. Often page calss to mags get posted but it isn't often that any come up that I can sub to so when one did for a new mag starting I tried out for it with no sucess. This is the layout I did. I may not have got into the mag with it but I love it and that is what counts more than seeing it in print.
This is the photos and journaling under the main photo on the page. The journaling talks about how Craig and I went down to Busselton for a holiday and came back home having started to plan our lives together while we were away.
I got my next themed challenge in from Arty Pants the other day and it has really got me thinking. I have got an idea but not too sure if I will go with it or not. Will think on it for a bit then probably work on it over the weekend.
I did my idol page on Sunday night for the comp over at Em and I was quite surprised at how well it all came together. I broke my 45 minute record and did this one in 25. I also realised when I was uploading it the other night that it is probably the only page I've done with out patterned paper for a while.
Here is the link to my page in the gallery. While there,if you want to look at it that is, lol check out some of the other layouts in this round. There is some great pages coming through. I'm not too sure how I will go with heading into the next round but I'm looking forward to doing the challenge even if I don't make it through.

http://www.embellished.com.au/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=3469&limit=last7

Not much else has been happening here at home. Work is a bit up and down at the mo but I go through phases like that. Some days I like it and others it really sucks. I guess having been told that I can't be garenteed(spelling?) that I will be able to be on the permament shift I am now next year isn't helping. I had asked to do it so that I can take Asher to school in the mornings and have some contact with the school as with both me and Craig work's hours we had to use afterschool care. With school starting at 8.30 and the late shift starting at 9.30 it gives me an hour to get to work which is ample time. Anyway I guess time will tell. I do hope that it can be left as is because even though I may grumble and groan ocassionally I like what I do and the girls there are a great bunch to work with.

Anyway that's about all from me for now. Till next time happy scrapping.



8 Comments:

At 11 October, 2006 , Blogger Peta Boardman said...

Hi Julie,

I too am still trying to be published in mags.. I'll just keep on trying."One day maybe" i keep telling myself.
I love the LO..Well done.
And diddo for your work..Its so hard with little ones.

Chat soon
Peta

 
At 11 October, 2006 , Blogger Megan said...

Hi Julie :-)

Love your layout!! We used to live at Bussleton and I just loved it - such a beautiful part of the world.

Megan xx

 
At 11 October, 2006 , Blogger deirdre said...

Julie, I am LOVING your space LO's. I think you will do well with getting through to the next round of idol!
And as to the publiction issue....they dont know what they are missing. But I know how it feels to have your work passed over, I am yet to be published too! We'll get there!
Cant wait to see more of your work!
Deexx

 
At 12 October, 2006 , Blogger Ali Russell said...

I love that layout Julie, I love the hidden journaling and the colours!
Hope work gets better for you soon and cheer up chook...There is so much more in life we have to be grateful for.
Chat soon
Ali x x

 
At 12 October, 2006 , Blogger Mardi said...

Hi Julie....love the layout of your time in Busselton and how it was the start of your new life...Busselton is certaily a lovely spot.
You have been so busy as usual..so many layouts...
Mardi x

 
At 12 October, 2006 , Blogger Joanne Bain said...

Hi Julie
Your LO looks terrific again...well done..Don't give up on being published I finally got my first acceptance last week and that was after about 5 months of rejections.
Have a good one
Joanne

 
At 13 October, 2006 , Blogger connie said...

love the layout Julie... and i am too stuck on what to do for the new DT cahllenge... i have a couple of ideas but not sure where to go from there!!!!
Have a great weekend...

C...xxxxx

 
At 14 October, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the layout Julie i havent been to bussleton for so many years!!! such a gorgeous town
hope everything works out with your job and with being published

Jode

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home