Life happenings at Jacs place

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Arty Pants layout and cover comp reject layout.

I finished my dt project for Arty Pants this week. The papers are definately a challenge and it took me a few hours just to try and work out what to do with them but I so love a challenge and how this turned out. Thanks to Sare's over at Em to for the inspiration with the sketch.
I had a package sitting on my table when I go home today. No it wasn't a yummy scrappy parcel with some goodies for me it was from SC. My page for the cover comp returned to me so I'm guessing it isn't cover material. Oh well I'm loving what I did and that is all that counts.

And the best thing about it is now I can share my page with you all. I used one of the photo's I took of Asher earlier this year to use on my first dt project from Arty Pants my sugar cube, which I might add is now in the shop so if any one is out that way and wants to have a look see go ahead. Lots of cutting out of flowers from BG paper on this. The words around the page are Angel with attitude but you just gotta love her.
I got my first pack from Jem Hall yeaterday. So can wait to pull out some of the goodies and do something with the yummy xmas materials. I also put in an order for Em's October kit and some other yummies as well as some from Zig Zag so I've got myself some yummy mail coming my way hopefully soon.
I've yet to hear back anything good or bad from the subs I did recently so I'm probably not going to hold my brathe waiting for that good news email.
Not too much else happening here apart from the fact I should be working on Asher's dancing concert costume but I have just spent the past hour sewing on about ten sequins onto a tutu and I still have about two thirds of it to do as well as the stiching of sequins onto her leotard and seeing as I've got to stitch them on when she is wear it and she is sleeping at the moment I can't really do that can I. But then I could be givning her shoes another coat of paint but I'm going to leave that for tomorrow night. Nothing like leaving it till the last minute is there. LOL Full costume showing on Saturday morning. I'm glad that I don't have to make the whole thing and just have to put the fiddly bits on it. I will take some pics of my little rainbow when I've finished her costume.
Anyway till next time happy scrapping.

10 Comments:

At 09 November, 2006 , Blogger Anthea said...

oooooo maybe I will get my LO back from SC, I havent got it back yet. its a gorgeous LO julie!

 
At 09 November, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful stuff as always girl! :)

 
At 09 November, 2006 , Blogger Megan said...

Julie these are beautiful!

Megan xx

 
At 09 November, 2006 , Blogger Sarah said...

Love that Angel layout!!!

 
At 09 November, 2006 , Blogger Joanne Bain said...

Hi Julie
Your layouts are beautiful again..That is a lovely pic of Asher on the second one..
Have a great day
Joanne

 
At 09 November, 2006 , Blogger Micaela said...

Great job on the sketch Julie!

I totally adore your Angel layout, the pic of Asher is soooo cute, and it all comes together so well!

 
At 10 November, 2006 , Blogger Danielle Holsapple said...

don't EVER call your work reject...i love your stuff!

 
At 10 November, 2006 , Blogger deirdre said...

Julie, the fact that you are on several DT's is enough for me! So what that you havent had any sucess subbing....they just dont know what they are missing! And anyway, it'll happen when you least expect it, probably for the page that you hate, LOL! But it will happen, you mark my words.
Have a good weekend, and happy scrapping!
Deexx

 
At 10 November, 2006 , Blogger Crissy Gaylor said...

Love what you have done with the Chocolate box pps! Also love your SC comp layout! Got mine back the other day too! :)

 
At 10 November, 2006 , Blogger Julie said...

They both look fantastic J2 - really did an awesome job with the SC cover layout - love the pale colours against the white background.
Have fun with all your new goodies when they arrive, sounds like an early xmas for you at the moment lol, can't wait to see what you create.
take care...........

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home