Life happenings at Jacs place

Monday, February 05, 2007

A tag, some photos and some news.
After scrapping away most of my weekend with the cyber crop projects for Em I ended up doing some more last night .This months challenge over at the apple yard was to make up a tag and this is what I came up with. I am planning on giving it to my best friend.
I was reading the latest Becky Fleck newsletter a few days back and she had brought out a few tag maps so I did my tag around one of them that I liked that had the photo frame on it. The little boy in the pic is one of my besties little two boys taken a few weeks back at his brothers first b'day party. I was hoping to use a photo of them both but I haven't got a nice one here. I noticed that one of my fellow Em girls, Anne marie had the quote in her siggie and I decided to use it as my friend is going through a bit of a hard time at the moment and she could do with a little bit of a pick me up. The quote reads..from the moment you decide nothing can defeat you nothing will defeat you.
And now for some pics. The girls over at S & C were showing of their scrap spots and I decided I would take pics of mine. The handy dandy kitchen bench. It gets a work out on the weekends that is for sure.
The first photo is taken from the end of the bench that runs into the window.

This is taken from the other end of the bench looking down to the window. Nine times out of ten the pile of goodies usually ends up meeting the sink and the window.I took the last few photos while I was standing on a chair, this is the right hand side of it
and this is the left hand side of it.
At the end of the night if I know I am scrapping the next day everything gets stack up in some sort of order on the back edge of the bench and it all gets covered by the cloth that you can see under all that mess.

Bingo has started again over at S & C and if the last game is anything to go it s going to be a whole lot of laughs.

And now onto my news. The page I did for the last weeks texture challenge, Desire over at the apple yard was picked for the gallery of the day on my American site. I was so wrapped when I found out the news this morning and then even more so when I found out a little bit later it won this week challenge. Thanks very much to the girls over at the apple yard. If you want to check out all the other yummy pages by the others you can do so here

http://mgnet.com.au/scrapapple/all_gallery.htm

This weeks challenge is to scrap something from around your home that is red. Arghh now red is somthing I don't really have alot of around here so I have been thinking on it for most of the day. The door to Asher's cubby out side is a sort of red colour, her old unused sand pit shell is red, she has a fav red train and her fav car is also red. I was even thinking about taking a close up photo of Pooh's fade,well worn red top and scrapping that. But tonight I sat here and asked her to bring me something red so she headed of to the old meat safe where she stashes some of her toys and brought back something that has given me an idea. Now just to get the right photo and scrap it.

I was surposed to be going out today and catch up with my friend I made the tag for until I got a call from the school. Asher had just been sick so there went my catch up plans as well as my scrap shopping plans. Oh well. Thankfully Asher didn't get any worse durring the day so she is back of to school tomorrow. I'm sort of glad that it did happen in a way as Jolene over at CIS posted a fun challenge today as a part of her dt comp. If we wanted to get some extra points we had to chat up a storm on the forum and 30 new posts got us 1 point and 50 got us 2. So I sat down with some coffee and chatted up a storm. Three hours or so later, lots of laughs at some of the posts and a numb bottom I got my 50 and I still haven't got my border page done.

Sorry about the long post guys. I didn't know I could ramble on for so long. lol

So till next time happy scrapping.

5 Comments:

At 05 February, 2007 , Blogger Julie said...

Now THAT is one long bench to scrap at Julie - and look at all the goodies on it!!
Love the tag - its gorgeous and that is such an empowering quote isn't it.
Congrats too on your layout making gallery of the day - that wouldv'e been a great way to kickstart your morning.

take care.......

 
At 06 February, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A nice creative mess.

Gorgeous tag. :)

 
At 06 February, 2007 , Blogger jilly said...

You absolutely rock Julie! I expect to see a heap more of your work in print soon! Keep it going!
xxJill

 
At 06 February, 2007 , Blogger Janine said...

Woooo hoooo Julie- your 'Desire' page was just gorgeous, a worthy winner!!! Well done!

 
At 06 February, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can so relate to that bench Julie, but look at the gorgeous things you create, the tag is lovely, love the doodling around the photo.

Congratulations on the Gallery of the DAy, well done.

Carole

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home