Life happenings at Jacs place

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Retreat fun
I has so much fun away this weekned ay my retreat. I didn't acutally get as much done as I had hoped too though but here is a bit of it.
This is the page I did for the Em idol round 2 challenge. lol I did this page not even knowing that I had made it through as I had so much to sort out before going I didn't check anything here on the computer after 10.00 on Friday morning and the results hadn't been posted then.
I got through.Yeah.
The challenge this round was to use paint swatches on our page and use those colours in the swatches on the layout. I chose to use pink and brown. Had my photos picked out and papers too and headed of to Bunnings with them in tow to pick up a handful of swatches.
I also had Jane, my retreating buddy on strict instructions. She was not to let me cut them up or to use more than two on the page as that was a part of the requirements.
I've always loved these picks of Asher taken last year in Fremantle enjoying a swing and the colours so matched the basic grey papers.
My friend Jane just kept on laughing at me. I said to her that I just wanted to try and keep it clustered in the corner and every time she looked up it was growing and growing out.
When it came to doing the title I was stumped for a while. As I sort of had the idea to use the ghost letters for it and threw them into my stash to go away with not even thinking to check I had all the letters. When I got there you guessed it. No N and the small shop stash didn't have any there. Argh. So I got a U turned it upside down and debated about using it for nearly half hour. After painting the reverse side of them I liked the look of the painted side better and seeing as all the letters look ok wrong side up that is the way I went.lol

I also threw into my take with me stash the latest kit from CIS. I so totally loved the papers in the kit and this is what I came up with after alot of deliberation. At our table of four we had a real nice lady who loved to talk and it got to the point this morning while I was doing this page and Jane was trying to stamp a title on her first ever scrapping page (long story lol) both of us felt like telling her to be quite so we could concentrate on what we were doing. I ended up adding to the papers a piece of my MME paper with the dragonfly too as I wanted to have a layered effect with the leaf spray up the side.
After all the muff ups on this page and it taking me so long I love how it has turned out.
And this little card and bag is a thank you gift from me to the other lady sitting at our table. Where we stayed they only had the thinest of blankets on the bed, with no extras at all. She lived just down the road and was going home to pick up her doona and asked us if we would like to borrow a couple of sleeping bags. Like we said no.lol So I made up a card for her and used the sizzix bag die to make up the bag and filled it with assorted small bazzil sized flowers.

I've got an extra bag cut outso have set up a bit of a guessing game happening over at Arty Pants to guess how many flowers are in the bag. Who ever can guess it will get a little bag made up for them with flowers in it too.

You can check it out here

http://artypants.com.au/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=227

My little guessing game has given me an idea for a fun little game over at Arty Pants so if you want to join in, join up.lol

What I am going to do is make up the bag and fill it with some more flowers for whoever guesses right (not the same size ones guys so you will have to guess again lol) and then take a pic of that bag and start it all over again. Each little bag, box or whatever I decide to pop the items into will have different things in it. Some may have brads, the next eyelets, buttons or even chipboard pieces whatever tickles my fancy at the time. All in a little personalised contanier. I thought it would be alot of fun and in a way it is helping me to rak out some of my stash of which I am getting way too much.

What else has been happening

-I manged to scrap 3 12 by 12's while away, one not finished yet as I ran out of A's in my favorite letter, 1 cj double page, 5 puzzle pieces and the card and bag

-packed way too much scrappy stuff for my weekend away but I would rather have too much and not what I wanted to play with lol

-I took somepics of my scrapped jeans for the woodstock dinner on Saturday night. Haven't had a good look at them yet but will post some here if they are any good

-same with my nightime pics for the photo challenge over at CIS. I took some pics of the crop room all lit up at night using the roof of my car and a post to keep the camera stable.

my holidays are over back to work for me tomorrow

Well that's about all from me. I was planning on going to bed early tonight and just looked at the clock. Oops 10.30. So till next time as always, thanks for popping by and any comments and till next time happy scrapping.

3 Comments:

At 12 August, 2007 , Blogger Terri B said...

Loving those LO's Julie. That wedding one is stunning!!!!

Cute little bag of goodies too...clever woman you are.

Have fun back at work & I am glad you had a great time away.

 
At 14 August, 2007 , Blogger Unknown said...

love, love, love that first layout. It looks great!!

 
At 14 August, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooops...that's me...used the wrong account :)


love, love, love that first layout. It looks great!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home