Life happenings at Jacs place

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sunday share and some good news
I was goingto start this post with my usual photo share but blogger is not loading up the pics so I'll leave it at my page share for now and hopefully get to do the photo ones tomorrow. I have some good ones to share.
Now for my news. I am now a part of the awesome team over at Scrap Therapy. I am so wrapped to be given the chance to work along side some of my favorite scrappers at one of my favorite scrappy sites to pop into. Thanks to Nat and the girls for making we feel so welcome.
This is my page for the round 4 challenge for scrapping with the stars at Therapy set by Charm. I had fun doingthis one. I wasn't too sure about how I did the Antics part of the title but like how it has turned out. Both Jane and Christine the other night while I was working on it like it but I wasn't too sure.
I love the little ghosty mouse stamp. I picked him up along with a little bat mouse a while back at a pre loved sale I went to as they were so cute. You will be seeing some more of him in the next few weeks or so as Asher is having her birthday at the fun station in the haunted house room so I will be having to make up a cake and goodie bags of some sort.
I joined in on a cyber crop with the girls over at TSE and managed to get three of the chals done.
Here is my page for challenge 1.
We had to use handwritting, sewing of some sort and to pick one of three song titles. I picked the title I hope a song by the Dixie chicks and scrapped a page for Asher's school album about an incident at school that was so begingto be scrapped and seeing as I didn't have a photo I got Asher to draw a picture of her kissing the boys at school and then getting in trouble for not listening to her teacher when she was asked to stop.I know the kissing boys part of it is all a part of growing up and stuff but it is the listening side of it that had me most annpyed as she has got to learn thatshe needs to listen to her teachers.
I was scrapping the background for this while Asher was doing her picture and I was very proud of the way she wanted to add so much detail to her drawing. The part of it you can see behind hte teacher is a snake and hopscotch grid painted on thep paved area of the play ground and she has even added some of the garden beds and children playing right down to a skipping rope for one of her figures.

And this is my xmas bauble for chal 2.

Annette had set up some cc kits for the girls if they wanted to buy them but I didn't get one this time round as I wasn't too fusssed on a few of the pps.

So I ended up using a Maya Road chippie circle for my bauble instead of the Kaiser Craft one the others used and love how this has turned out. It is for the cook at work as part of a Secret Santa gift I need to sort out for her.

So what else has been happening.

-We went of to the beach today and with santa hat and my camera in tow Asher had a ball on the beach and I took nearly 80 photos. I haveeven got a few nice ones of Reenie and her hat too taken at home the night before. Those or I should say some of them are the photos I was going to share tonight but blogger wasn't on my side.

-I had a go at updating the dt blog at Therapy this week and did my first offical post at dt memeber. Check it out if you want. (I've not got a link in the side bar to the blog yet but it isn't too hard to get to from the site which is there) And if you feel like taking on my challenge you could win a $10 voucher to the store.

- I will be starting up a new monthly challenge over there too so be on the look out for that too.

Anyway till next time

Thanks for popping in

Thanks for any comments and

till next time happy scrapping.

9 Comments:

At 26 November, 2007 , Blogger Anthea said...

Congratulations Julie on the Scrap Therapy gig, thats wonderful news!!

more great LOs too BTW, looking forward to seeing some pics of the christmas shoot!

 
At 26 November, 2007 , Blogger Fran said...

Congrats on the DT!! Love your work - and adore that LO for scrapping with the stars!

Fran xx

 
At 26 November, 2007 , Blogger kristy.lynn @ kristy.makes said...

JULIE!!!!!!!!!! CONGRADS!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you... you are most worthy! I hope you enjoy it!!! :)

 
At 26 November, 2007 , Blogger marijana said...

Love your work Julie!!
LOVE LOVE your Lo you did for scrapping with the stars-AWSOME!!!!

seee ya at therapy!!! :)
marijana (M)

 
At 26 November, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashers pic is just super cute Julie and lol at the story behind it!!
Congrats on making the DT for scrap therapy - thats fantastic news!!

chat soon
Julie xx

 
At 30 November, 2007 , Blogger Karen L said...

Congratulations Julie on the DT, I love coming and checking out the work on your blog. Love your layouts. I also love your daughter's drawings, love all the details. Think she might be following after her mother's footsteps.

 
At 01 December, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Julie, congratulations on your DT, loving all your layouts.

Carole xx

 
At 02 December, 2007 , Blogger Kristine said...

Oh wow Julie! Congratulations on making the DT. You are so deserving of it - all of your work is gorgeous. Such great news for you. :)

 
At 02 December, 2007 , Blogger Manon Keir said...

woohoo congrats on your DT position Julie, how cool!!
I just love the LO about Asher kissing the boy. I think no photo could have been better than this gorgeous drawing, looks fantastic!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home