Life happenings at Jacs place

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Big photo and page share
Well it is Sunday and here is my usual photo and page share and as you can see from the first photo I have a new toy.
I met up with my girlfriend on Friday and took only my new baby to have aplay around with and my little cheeky girl just wasn't in the mood for having her photo taken at all. This is one of the better ones I took.
Over at Arty pants I was involved in a page swap with Laura as we were the only two fav foto fri sharers last month and this is the page I did for her.
The photo is of her little girl Kaytie and her two pet dogs waiting for Daddy to come home. I had so much fun doing this page.
Laura scrapped for me some of the photos I took of Little miss fussy dresser in her lace then no lace leggings. You can see it here
http://artypants.com.au/chat/viewtopic.php?t=207&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
If you would like to be involved in the next fav foto fri page swap you can find all the details here
http://artypants.com.au/chat/viewtopic.php?t=429
While you are there check out the details of the chat up a storm comp that is running this month
http://artypants.com.au/chat/viewtopic.php?p=2567#2567
and the Tech Tuse chal for this month too. I had fun doing this one
http://artypants.com.au/chat/viewtopic.php?t=406
This week the CIS news letter went out and with it the pages I did for it as part of my guest dt spot last month. So now I can share them
Jolene gave a box full of yummy goodies to play with. Some new Codmo Cricket papers and some MME papers to as well as an assortment of yummy embellies and flowers. I also needed to have a play around with altering my photos andI did a mix of photoshop and hand altering on them.
This is a 6 by 12 for Reenies album. She decided it would be fun to try and get into a bundle of plastic bags a while back and I just had to take a photo.
I altered the photo in photoshop using Jolene's tip to give the photo a blurred look. You can find all the details here
This photo is one that I have always loved even if it is a bit dark in the background seeing as it was taken in the shade.
I had some of the Cactus pink florishes to play around with. I'm not a real fan of them but this one looked good, chopped in two and then put back together again differently.
The pages I did with the MME papers were the ones that I had the most trouble with which surprised me seeing as they are a favorite of mine.
The brackets around my title and journaling was a frame which I couldn't get to work just right as it was so I chopped it in two.
Asher loves to draw and I smnapped a few photos of her drawing.
In the pocket I got Asher to do a few drawings to add to it. I love doodling frames with adding rub ons and water colours lately.
On Friday night I was a very busy and chatty girl. Yes two of my favorite forums had a cyber crop going. Over at CIS they had their first b'day cc with lots of fun games and challenges. There are a few free online classes. I hope to get to do them later, especially Jolene's clear album that she put together with serviette's from Katies birthday party. Liz put up a guess who game from 1st b'day baby photos. I put in my guesses not long ago and probably only have one right, mine lol. I managed to do two of them.
This one is for challenge 1. We had to use 5 colours(mine were pink,brown,green,orange and white), ribbons as part of the title and a special occasion.
I scrapped the many photos I took of Asher dressed up for dress up day at school last term.
I did my usual of late,doodled border with watercolours and asked Asher what clowns did and wrote down what she said along the top border and ended it with, but most of all have heaps of fun.

The second challenge was we had to use the numbers in the year we were born. For me 1966 I used 1 patterned paper, 9 flowers,6brads and 6 different alphas, the number 1 somewhere and hand stiching.
I scrapped the before and after no lace pics from last weekend. lol Some of the girls over at CIS didn't think I would be able to keep them aside for the cc chals this weekend but I proved them wrong. And the lace under the photo is of her leggings.
The other cc was over at Therapy and it was a big one too. They had a girls night in to help raise money for cancer research. The last time I checked they had raised $505. Way to go girls. Along with the 4 challenges they ran 4 online classes at a cost of five dollars each with all class monies going to cancer research. I signed up for two of them and they look pretty good. I've yet to do the pages from them but will do so later.
I only managed to do one challenge at Therapy but love the way this page turned out. When I did the after pics the otherday of Asher in her no lace leggings she took one of her dolls out with her and she had to be in a few photos too.
Challenge one was to get inspired by pj's and to use either fabric, felt,fiber or fur on our pages.

Well I've got some cute mickey mouse pj's here that are in the same colours as the doll and Asher's dress in the photos. I love the pics of Asher being silly that I just had to scrap them and choosing one was too hard so I did six.lol
Over at Therpay they had games too and I was lucky enough to win two of them. Angel had a midnight savenger hunt through the forum, gallery and blog to find and link ten listed items back to her and even though I wasn't really in the mood for a game I did it anyway and won and there wasalso a game of twenty questions which I won too.

Over at the Apple place they were running a sketch comp on their blog. To draw up a skecth and do a page from it and this is the page I did from it or the other way round actually as I did the page then drew the sketch.lol
I have been promising my friend Jane for ages that I would scrap this photo of Asher for her and finally,with some little prods from Jane on Wednesday while she was here scrapping, did it. And seeing as I have just learnt the art of colouring photo's in photoshop(thanks Jolene) I tried it out on the bucket and Pooh which was once mine.
What else has been happeing here

-school hols are into their second week now and I'm back at work tomorrow

-Asher had a friend sleep over and they both had heaps of fun. Very noisy though.

-Going to be catching up with my sister and friend thursdayand friday next week so more chances to play with my new toy.

Anyway I think I have rambled on enough for now don't you. As always thanks for popping by, any comments and till next time happy scrapping.






7 Comments:

At 08 October, 2007 , Blogger Narelle said...

Have fun with the new camera Julie!!

 
At 08 October, 2007 , Blogger Anthea said...

love that photo of you julie!! congrats on the new camera, hope you have fun with it.

Gorgeous LOs too!!!

 
At 09 October, 2007 , Blogger Julie said...

Wow - you have been a busy scrappin beaver Julie!! They all look fantastic!!
Yay on the new toy - have fun playing with it .... great pic of yourself as well.

 
At 10 October, 2007 , Blogger Jolene Pienaar said...

Oh gotta love new toys Julie!! Hope you give it a good work out so you have enough photos to scrap!
Love all those LO's, just adore the 'is he home' LO!!!

AND you have been tagged, so go and check out my blog ;)

 
At 10 October, 2007 , Blogger Karen L said...

Congratulations on the new camera Julie - looking forward to seeing heaps of new photos now that you have a new toy to play with. My goodness you have been scrapping up a storm - these layouts are just gorgeous - love your combinations of lace and flowers etc. Just stunning.

 
At 11 October, 2007 , Blogger kristy.lynn @ kristy.makes said...

I'm telling you.. i LOVE that picture of you!

I'm loving the LO's as well! You have such AMAZING talent!!!

 
At 16 October, 2007 , Blogger Jane Ettia Jones said...

holy canoly julie so much eye candy i don't know what to look at first. just simply AMAZING girl

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home