Life happenings at Jacs place

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Sunday PPP share
Well it is that time again. Sundays photo, page and project share.
Here are a few pics first.
I sent Asher into her room yesterday lunch time to clean it up and make her bed. When it was time for bed last night this is what I found tucked in under her pillow. I so had to pull out the camera. The red goggles on the bear actually were a part of her super hero costume this morning. A scraf tied around her shoulders, a fancy dress up necklace and one of her Pooh bears in a back to front bib had fun saving the world while jumping on the trampoline. It only lasted a few minutes and by the time I realsied just what she was doing and went to get the camera she had stopped. lol
And this is a pic of my cheeky little **** and the little apology gift for the boy at school who she acussed of taking one of her toys.
and the inside of the card signed with love (the heart) kisses (the lips) and hugs(two little figutes)
These are the cards I made up last night for fathers day. You can't see it well in the photo but the lighter brown paper has been stamped with a pattern made by placing three of my Lil Davis Crillion stamps onto my block in a pattern the stamping onto the brown with my white ink. Thanks for the suggestion at CIS Liz to try and make a mosaic of stamps on your blocks. I think it turned out ok.
As part of the next round of the Em idol comp I am in, if we got through to round five which I did. we had to do a page using no adhesive. Well I had all these ides of things to try on my page and was going to use a few and in the end I only used the one. Machine sewing.
I have had this photo of Asher enoying a spa at my parents house printed for a while and nothing really seemed to be grabbing me with so it is was always put back in the to get round to it later pile. When I opened up my box of bg papers from Nat at therapy I loved the way the three different papers from bg all seemed to go well together.

The base paper is one from the Infuse range, the flowers are from the Jubille one and the birds are from the newer range Pheriphery
I wanted to still do one of my favorite techs of layeringwith demension and seeing as using mounting tape was out of the question I cut up some scraps of thin chipboard and sewed it between my layers of cut out flowers.
Andreas guessed that there were 104 buttons in the tine I made up for Lisa as part of the on going rak over at Arty Pants so this little tin is or will be tomorrow on it's way to her.
and it is full of ? 30 ribbons and trim lengths.
You can check out all the details of the ongoing rak here
http://artypants.com.au/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=234
There is between 10 and 40 ribbons in it.
Well what else has been happening out here
-I got a nice phone call the other day from one of my not so local scrappy shops I pop into. We,Jane and I, were up there a few weekends back and brought raffle tickets in the Autisum raffle they had. I won a HP Photosmart printer. I was so wrapped. I've yet to try it out but it is all ready to go so may have aplay around with it later on tonight after all the dinner and bedtime stuff is sorted out. When I told Jane about it she pretty much called me a lucky ***** as I have been a bit lately and to make it worse she brought her ticket before I did, she was thinking of getting two and decided not too and I got the next ticket so if she had of gotten the two it would of been hers.
-I'm feeling better after having this rotten cold nearly all week. The test will be back to work tomorrow with no nanna naps avalilable if I get tired, which I have been doing.
-I got my page in for the 2nd round of the Therapy dt comp now to see if I make it through to the next round. There are some great pages there and over at Em too in each comp so it is getting harder to stay in each round. The main thing for me is that the pages I've done for each round in both comps I love and that is what counts for me first and foremost.
Well that is about all from me for now. Till next time as usual thanks for popping by, any comments that you may leave and happy scrapping.



6 Comments:

At 03 September, 2007 , Blogger Megan said...

Hi Julie,

Ohhhh I think your cards look fabulous, as does your spa layout.

I'm really impressed at Asher's card for the little boy at school....if only other parents would encourage kids to apologise and take a bit more responsibility then the world would be a better place. We all make mistakes like Asher did....good for her!

Megan xx

 
At 05 September, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

love Asher's little card. :) really cute. LOVE the BG layout too... the layering and PP combo is really lovely. hope you are well.

 
At 06 September, 2007 , Blogger Narelle said...

Gosh- a LO without adhesive! That woudl freak me out but you have done an awesome job with it!!

 
At 06 September, 2007 , Blogger Julie said...

Awwww - how cute are those teddy's.
Congrats on the win Julie, that is such a cool prize - have fun playing.

 
At 06 September, 2007 , Blogger KarenB said...

Loving those layouts. The Spa LO is fabbo, just love the colours.

Your RAK arrived yesterday... thank you so much :)

 
At 09 September, 2007 , Blogger connie said...

just beautiful Julie....

Connie...xxx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home