Life happenings at Jacs place

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Em idol

Well the challenge for round three was put up before the votes were in from round two so I ended up doing my page for it Thursday night before knowing if I was through or not. When I found out on Friday that I had made it through I was so excited that I went out and took pics straight away. lol Next time I'll remember not to take pics when excited and all shaky as some of them were shockers.

So to the challenge. We had to use tags on our page, using how many and whatever style of tags we liked as long as they were not hidden. I've got a collection of all sorts of tags , some that I thought I'd never use but kept anyway.

I had heaps of fun going though my tag stash and ended up using several. A 7 gypsies journaling one, a hand full of the smaller jewelery type ones and one of two I claimed of a couple of shirts I brought last xmas for my nephews. The tilte mat is a fabric tag that I embellished to cover up the words on it. I've got another one here and if I had the right photo I would of used it as is as it had sticks and stones printed on it. Next time lol.
I also had a bit of a play around with some rub ons. Using several to make bigger sprays and adding more flowers and a little doodling too
I once againg used my favorite scrappy product of the moment on this page. I won't say what it is as I'm going to put together a little bundle of goodies to whoever can guess. As I've been using alot on most of my recent pages it shouldn't be too hard to guess right. lol

Well what else has been happening

-My girl friend and I signed up for the scrap it day out here in Perth at the end of September. Looks as though it will be alot of fun. Although my girl friend got her registration package the other day and wasn't happy. It was $100 to register for the day, something that we didn't mind paying as all procedes are going towards Alsimas(spelling is so of sorry). Well unknown to us on reading the info she got there is also a $25 compulsary sponsorship thingy. We both agree that we don't mind paying for the reg fee(seeing as it is for fund raising) but to be told, after we had paid it that there was an additional cost which is compuslary we didn't think was fair at all. Nothing was mentioned in any of the leaflets about it that we could see. Jane is so not happy and I am almost positive she will be having something to say about it.

-It looks as though the first little prize of my how many on going rak over at Arty Pants will be going of very soon. With the latest guesses coming in at higher than 15 but lower and 17 it won't take long. lol I'll be decorating and filling up another little bag like in the past post with more flowers and then the guessing will begin again. All the details can be found here.

-I have been thinking of starting up the chat up a storm comp over there again too. Give Lisa the chance to defend her title of Arty Girl chatterbox. lol I have got a little twist in mind too so be on the look out for all the details towards the end of the month.
-I'm working on the next Tech Tues challenge at the moment. Having fun playing with it too.
Anywaythat is about all from me for now as always thanks for popping by and any comments you leave and till next time happy scrapping.

6 Comments:

At 18 August, 2007 , Blogger Laura said...

Wow, your tag page is awesome!! I have a ton of tags that I never use, so this is an inspiration. Great work Julie, and congrats on making it so far in the comp. I know you will go great!

 
At 18 August, 2007 , Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on making it through to the next round. Your page with the tags is fantastic!
My guess for you new favourite scrappy product would be water colour pencils.

 
At 19 August, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Julie


I love your recent layout with the tags on it, very nicely done. I love tags too but haven't used any for a while. I must get organised and add some to my next few layouts. Thanks for inspiring me.

Great that you had fun at the retreat and you are booked in for another fun day of scrapping too (although it costs a lot). It is good to be involved in fund raising events so well done.

Have a fun and safe week. Love from Susan (smiles1965) at Scrapboxx.

 
At 19 August, 2007 , Blogger KarenB said...

Well my guess is the little MM letters - you can really work those little alphas, LOL. Your LO looks totally awesome, great job as always. I'm a huge fan.

 
At 19 August, 2007 , Blogger jodee76 said...

Julie I absolutely love yor page! I only ever use journalling tags, in fact I hate all other tags but I might just have to 'borrow' this LO idea - including the tags!
Congrats on making it so far in EM comp - hope you go further!

 
At 20 August, 2007 , Blogger Louise said...

Julie
The standard of your creations recently is absolutely FABULOUS!!!!

Lou:)x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home