Life happenings at Jacs place

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Page share
Yeap my usual Sunday page share is early again this week. I've been of work the past two days with a yukky cold and sore throat. I'm feeling heaps better now and I managed to do some scrapping in between catnaps while I was of.
Over at Scrap Therapy Nat was running a dt serach for four new memebrs. She chose three from the applications that she got (and the dt is looking mighty fine I must say) and for the last spot she is running a competition on the forum for the other non suscessful applicants and the non competing forum mebers are voting on each round with the highest pollers going through to the next round.
I got through to the 2nd round and for that challenge we had to do a 123 style page. Forum memebrs posted elements that we had to use on our pages. The elements where, 3 photos, embossing and buttons. I had an idea for the page right from the start but it just wasn't coming together as I had planned. I lost track of how many times I pulled the half finished page apart and started again.
For the embossing side of the challenge I pulled out my heat gun from my stamping/card making days, stamped up the FUN part of my title in paint and then sprinkled it with clear embossing powder and heat set it.
For the embossing on the paper strips I laid the paper over my scalloped ruler and rubbed my embossing tool over the back of it then sanded the front lightly.
I alos got around to have a play around with some more paint and the August sketch challenge over at TSE. I had so much fun doing this page.

For the title I swiped the page with some paint and then stamped the creative imaginations carefree and antics stamps straight into the wet paint. I didn't get the real defined image I was after so outlined them in the white and black gel pens when dry.
I also played around with layering the same white and black rub ons. You can't really see the effect though as the bulk of the white rub on is on the pale pink Fancy pants paper.
This page is my attempt at Jacking Jill for this months Aussie Scrapjack blog.
I have had this pic in my to scrap pile for a while and and so knew just what the title was going to be too just had to scrap it and the My little shoe box papers went with the photo perfectly.

I have a pull out Doodlebug stamped journaling tag tucked behind the photo mat that tells the story of how whenever we went into Fremantle to see Bec at Scrapindipity we always had to pop into the Fairy shop and to Culleys for lunch. Asher got to pick whatever she wanted to eat for lunch and nearly always it would be a Jam sandwhich and a strawberry milkshake. This is a memory I wanted to scrap as I can remember going to the same coffee shop with my Nanna when I was Asher's age.

What else has been happening out here

-My little cheeky rat got into trouble at school yesterday. She had a small dinosaur at school, put it in her desk then went on to tell the teacher that another boy in the class had taken it. The boy in question is autisic and got a little bit upset about having to turn out his pockets so to speak. So today Asher had to go and say sorry to the boy and to her teacher too. While in the shower this morning she came in to me and asked if she could take Layth a pressent and make hime a card. So she raided her dinosaur box, wrote I'm sorry on the tag and drew a picture of a dinosaur on the card. And yes this crazy scapnut took pics of the dinosaur and card with my little rat and have plans on scrapping them for her school album.

-I've been sick with a cold and sore throat. Only now just feeling better this afternoon. I went to the doctors and was told I had a slight infection, not enough to be given any antibiotics but enough for two days of work. I wasn't going to say no to that. lol

-I'm waiting to hear if I get through to the next round of idol. Friday is a long way away. lol The next challenge has been posted though and it isure is a challenge and a half. To do a page using NO ADHESIVE. I have a few ideas in mind and will start working on it tomorrow night after all the usual Thursday shopping and housework is out of the way.

Well that is about all from me. Till next time, thanks for stopping by and any comments and happy scrapping.

4 Comments:

At 30 August, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Julie

I hope you will soon be feeling better. Winter is no fun when your sick is it. Take care, drink plenty of liquids, keep warm and get well quick :)

Thanks for sharing more of your wonderful work here. I just adore that pink beach layout. The photos are too cute and the layout design is excellent. Your so clever.

I hope Asher won't be getting in trouble at school again for those sort of things. Kids eh! They sure keep us mums on our toes don't they.......lol

From Susan (smiles1965) from Scrapboxx

 
At 30 August, 2007 , Blogger jilly said...

Absolutely stunning Julie! You really are developing a beautiful style!
xxJillGG

 
At 01 September, 2007 , Blogger Janine said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery Julie!! Awesome pages!!!!

 
At 01 September, 2007 , Blogger Karen L said...

Hi Julie - hope you are feeling heaps better too - it seems everyone is affected by this terrible flu that is travelling around. Have no voice here either. I absolutely love all your layouts - Man you have been on a roll. Great work.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home