Life happenings at Jacs place

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sunday photo and page share
Well it is Sunday and here I am with my usual Sunday share.
We went of to the shops this afternoon to buy some pies for lunch and Asher just had to take her trolley with Lisa and Max and of course I took my camera. lol There is Max in this pic and Lisa(her doll) is sitting in the front of the trolley.
On Friday night it was all happening over at the CIS cyber crop. The bingo went of well and I didn't drop the words like I was dreading I would.
The CISters all got into the chat too and the two chattiest on the night were Liz and Tam. Liz had asked for me not to count her in the chat tally for the rak and page seeing as she is the chit chat co-ordinator at CIS and chatting up a storm so to speak is a part of what she does and she dose it well. So Tam won the rak and the page although I have offered to do a page for Liz too.
There were three chals and a kiddies chal which I set, with some help from Asher.
The first one was to use bright colours in your page, the word happy in the title and doodling. My happy girl is the sample I did.
I have loved doodling lately and now that I've found a fine waterproof marker I've been adding some watercolour pencils to them alot too. The photo is of Asher at her Easter Bonnet parade this year at school.
The second chal was to use lots of flowers, a bird and a spring quote.
I had been meaning to do a page on our lack of garden for a while and decided that it would fit this challenge. The strips of paper to the side of the photo are some of the printed flower words I used in the bingo game.
The journaling on the photo reads-I will sit here and be surounded by flowers instead of weeds and long grass. Soon I hope.
I seeing as I couldn't win the cc chal I decided to tie it in with the Friday night live chal over at Em which was to use two of Sares tips from her tip and teach thread. I chose to use patch worked background tech and the white rub ons on white card with watercolour effect. Loved the rub on effect Sares and I'll be using it again. Thanks. Pity I didn't realise that it had to be in by 5 there time and I was still working on it at 3 here.
and the flower pics are from seed packets that I went out a brought. Hey they may even get me motivated to do something. DH needs lots of it although I was lucky I took the pic yesterday for he mowed the lawn today.lol
So what else has been happening
-I've finished my round 3 page for the Therapy dt comp. I forgot to add it here so will do it next time.
-I have been lucky again this week. I found out at the begining of the week that I have won a page scrapped by a dter over at Bons. Not too sure just who will be scrapping my photo, or Asher's actually, but can't wait to see it and my pirate page from a few posts back that I did for one of the chals over at the Therapy CC last weekend won so I've got a voucher to go and spend on some yummies.
-I've been working on the pack from Jolene fot the GDT spot overat CIS and have done four pages. I may even get another done with what's left over.
-SC 46 is out. I so can't wait for 47 as it will have my first ever published page. Wahoo
Well that is about all that has been happening so as usual it is thanks for popping by and any comments and until next time happy scrapping.


7 Comments:

At 17 September, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely layouts... all those flowers are just gorgeous.

 
At 17 September, 2007 , Blogger kristy.lynn @ kristy.makes said...

I LOVE the ONe DaY lo!! Love all the flowers!!

you better post a picture of your pub when it comes out!! :)

 
At 17 September, 2007 , Blogger Janine said...

Julie- I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the "One Day" LO- totally gorgeous!!!

 
At 17 September, 2007 , Blogger Lali said...

Julie gorgeous LOs love the doodling on the LO will and all those flowers on the other well done girl LURVE EM

 
At 17 September, 2007 , Blogger Anthea said...

more great LOs Julie!!!

 
At 18 September, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

love your 'one day' layout... I totally relate! lol. but I do have plans if I could just get to the nursery ;) love your photos too

 
At 18 September, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love all your layouts julie - especially all those flowers!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home