Life happenings at Jacs place

Sunday, February 25, 2007

A box, a pic, some pages and cards
Jolene over at Cis gave us a little challenge as a part of the DT comp she is running to use a round page map to do an OTP project. I altered Asher's texta box. It was looking a little worse for wear as she had decided to scribble on it and she has been warned not to do so with this one.
I had a bit of trouble painting it as I ran out of the pink paint so I gave it a rough coat of the darker one as well. Pity it didn't quite hide all the scribbles under the paint though. Was going to alter the sides of it as well but I decided not to as I didn't want to put too much tempation to pick things of it to Asher. lol She loves it by the way.
Ok here is the pic I promised last post. I just could not pass taking a pic of Asher in not one but three pj tops. Yeap she's a crazy girl but a loveable one.

Here is a page I did for a 123 cyber crop challenge with some papers given me by Steph in a dt pack from my LSS. I've been wanting to do something with this pic for a while. Everything in house house at one time or another was given the offical taste test if Asher could get to it.
I went up to Steph's on Saturday night for a dt crop night I had fun lots of chatting and not much scrapping though as I had to take Asher along with me as Craig was out in a fishing comp and with Anthea's two boys the three of them had fun.
I joined up on a CC on Friday night and managed to get two of the three challenges done and the extra challenge to make some cards with the scraps.

This first one was and add challenge. I found an add for stamping up and based my page on the layout of the add. Last year they had a pirate day at school and Asher had fun dressing up as a pirate. Her old clothes I attacked to make the tatty top and pant's are now a part of her dress up basket.
This is the card I made with the scraps after I finished the page.
The second challenge we had to use a book title as the title for our page and include 1 ring 2 ribbons and 3 rubons. We live on a street named Wood so this is about Asher little house in the wood.
The card from the scraps. I had fun making up cards from the scraps that I may just try and do more before cleaning up my bench after each page.
Well there is not much else happening out here at the moment. Back to work tomorrow. So wish that I didn't have to work. Oh well not too much I can do about that expect keep on buying lotto tickets.

Thanks for popping by and any comments you may leave.

Till next time happy scrapping.




12 Comments:

At 26 February, 2007 , Blogger Chris Millar said...

Wow Julie, you are amazing how you can pump out so many layouts that are all super fantastic!!! Love the texta box, what a cool idea! I'd love to know what the lettering is on the "little house in the woods" layout.
LOL about all the pj's, something my little one would do! Have a super week!

 
At 26 February, 2007 , Blogger Mardi said...

Love that 'little house in the wood'...too cute.
...and I love the way you use your scraps to make cards....I want to try an remeber to do that too..
Have a great week Julie...
Mardi x

 
At 26 February, 2007 , Blogger Jolene Pienaar said...

Wow, awesome LO's and some gorgeous cards, you have been a very busy little chookie!

 
At 26 February, 2007 , Blogger Mel Diener said...

Gorgeous layouts here Julie. Especially love that hat box, superb.

 
At 26 February, 2007 , Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, it blows me away how much scrapping you can do!! Love the texta box you altered!

 
At 26 February, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, how productive have you been!

 
At 26 February, 2007 , Blogger Megan said...

Julie these are all amazing....I can't get over how you create so many beautiful things so quickly!! I am most envious!

Megan xx

 
At 27 February, 2007 , Blogger Sonia said...

Julie,
thanks for popping by my blog!! I am so glad that you enjoyed the challenges. Your work was amazing - I really loved the Little house in the wood layout - seems to be popular on your blog too!!!

That Texta box is gorgeous.

Keep up the amazing work

 
At 27 February, 2007 , Blogger Julie said...

What an awesome job on that texta box Julie. I think the two colours of paints looks fantastic.
Great work with all the layouts, and i like the idea of knocking up some quick cards with the leftovers.

 
At 28 February, 2007 , Blogger kristy.lynn @ kristy.makes said...

such great stuff jules! i love all the new pages!

 
At 28 February, 2007 , Blogger AnnetteL said...

OMGosh! Julie I love the altered text box it is so cute. Your layouts are absolutely goregous thanks for the inspiration just want I needed this week. Take Care, Cheers Annette

 
At 01 March, 2007 , Blogger Danielle Holsapple said...

Amazing stuff girl!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home