Life happenings at Jacs place

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

My border page and more good news.
Finally I got started on my decorative border challenge page for the dt comp over at CIS. We had to do a page with two or more decorative borders and the idea I had for one of mine worked out well I think.
I got three different sized circles and on the reverse side of the white bazzil traced half the bigger one then traced the middle one over the edge of that one then the smaller on to form a peaked edge so to speak then doodled and cut a small scallop around the whole thing. Then out came my silent setter again. lol After complaining about it a few posts back to do the holes around the edge. I wanted to try and repeat the pattern in my wedding dress. The other border I used a fancy stitch on my sewing machine to do.
Close up of the detail of the border on the bazzil.
I now have two pages for my wedding album. Pity they will be going into a pizza box till I get one. lol
You can check out the other pages done by my fellow Cisters here
they have been coming up with some great ideas for borders.
I took some photos today for my red themed page for the apple yard challenge and have got it half done. Will get it finished of tomorrow hopefully. I have to get Asher to do something for it too.
And now for my news. I think it must be my week for good news as I have not long found out that I have won a layout scrapped by Karen, one of the dter's over at Shop and Crop. I so can't wait to see what she scraps for me and I haven't even sent of a photo yet. lol.
Anyway that's about all my news for now. I'm going to bed.
Till next time happy scrapping.


8 Comments:

At 07 February, 2007 , Blogger Chris Millar said...

This layout is just divine Julie! Awesome work!

 
At 07 February, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great idea for the border. I love it.

 
At 07 February, 2007 , Blogger *Beatriz Jennings* said...

OH! my!! GOD! I am so in love with your latest projects!! AWESOME job!

Bety.

 
At 07 February, 2007 , Blogger Giovanna Scott said...

You've been very busy Julie!!! Layout is special indeed, and your scrap space looks a whole lot better than mine!! LOL>

 
At 07 February, 2007 , Blogger Louise said...

Mmmm Julie
Just DEVINE!!! :)

 
At 07 February, 2007 , Blogger connie said...

love ur border Julie...stunning... with ya on the pizza boxes...thats where all my layouts go and hide away!!!

C....xxx

 
At 08 February, 2007 , Blogger Danielle Holsapple said...

gorgeous Julie!

 
At 11 February, 2007 , Blogger Monica said...

THis is such a goregous lo! I need to do one on just my dress too! thanks for the inspiration!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home