Life happenings at Jacs place

Sunday, March 25, 2007

This scrapnut has been having some fun.
Ok lets try again as I just lost the whole post I typed before posting it for some reason. Not a happy scrapnut here. Stomping foot.
I've been scrapping a lot the past few days. All I can say is thank goodness dh loves his computer games and guitars as much as I love my scrapping.lol
This is my page for the 3rd beyond blue chal over at Em. We had to scrap out tranquil spot or where we find peace. I find peace at the waters edge.
I wasn't quite too sure if this needed anything else but whatever I tried just didn't look or feel right so I just left it. Thanks for all the great comments about my page girls. It has made me feel a lot better about leaving the page as is.
You can check out the other great pages here.

This is my page for the 1st chal for the 123 cyber crop last Friday. We had to use an Elise sketch as a part of the chal. I used number 19. We also had to include a monogram and some handstiching.

I sewed the buttons on but though it need a bit more sewing so added the french knots to the spots on one of the bg panels. The pic is of Asher waiting for her cousin Alexis to come in from America. She used to live in Texas and at one time Asher used to call her Texas.

You can check out the other pages that are coming through for the 123 cyber crop here. I love the idea of having the extra time to get the pages done. If you see my page there you will also see a suberb page by Danielle too. Posted under mine. We both used the same sketch. It is great to see how two people came up with two totally different pages from the smae sketch.

http://ourbrightstarsandus.typepad.com/123_cybercrop/

I joined in on another cyber crop on Friday night. It is becoming a regular thing for me on a Friday. This time it was with the girls over at Scrapbook divas. Thanks for a great night everyone. I loved the chals and managed to get all three done.

The first chal we had to incorperate puzzle pieces into our page somehow. I traced a big M M chipboard heart then traced and cut out one of Asher puzzle pieces out of it.

The journaling talks about how no matter where Asher goes on her life journey a piece of my heart will always be with her.

The second one was to scrap a photo of someone who means a lot to you and to add some heartfelt journaling. This is a pic of my bestie Justine and Asher when she was a year old. I've been meaning to get a recent one of us together but everytime we catch up, which isn't as often as we would like too, I forget. Next time Chicky.lol
Justine make sure you have those tissues handy before going any further.lol

As you can probably guess from my title Justine is my rock. She has helped me through a major rough patch in my life and I am forever grateful to her for that and her continual freindship in a situation that has at times been a little tricky. It is nice to know that she is there for me whenever I need and she knows that I'm here for her too.

Love you heaps Chicky.

You can stop blubbering now.lol

I had a play around with layering flowers for this one and chal 3. Seeing as I had the strips from the edge of the paper I trimmed sitting on my bench I played around with adding a paper layer. Tricky but looks good.

The third chal was a black and white anything challenge. I chose to scrap Asher's latest fashion trend. Her school socks have to be curled.lol

Just a close up of theflower and journaling. I think that this may even be the first time I have hand drawn my title.You can check out the other fab pages here.

http://www.scrapbookdivas.com.au/gallery/index.php?cat=10


So what else s this little scrapnut been up to.

.I didn't make it through the first round of the survior challenge over at S & C but seeing as I was not loving the page I finished for it I'm not surprised. Good luck to all those still in it. There are some fab pages for the 2nd round.

.The girls in round 4 of the DT challenge over at CIS have all finished and uploaded their OTP and the step by step instructions. There are some awesome creations there.

You can check them out here.

http://www.craftinginstyle.com.au/Gallery/thumbnails.php?album=133

.I'm back of to work tomorrow. Still waiting on that big lotto win.lol

.I'm of to a workshop/demo at Steph's on Tuesday night. Julie Van Ousten(sp?) the lady behind collections chipboard is coming down. I'm a big lover of chipboard and have heaps of her bits and pieces here.

Well that's about it from me for now. So till next time, thanks for popping by and any comments you leave and have fun scrapping.

18 Comments:

At 26 March, 2007 , Blogger Manon Keir said...

Love it Julie, you have been so busy!! WOW. Especially love the one waters edge. It is so tranquil and beautiful!! Hope you loved the challenge at CIS as much as I did.
Manon x

 
At 26 March, 2007 , Blogger Chris Millar said...

Julie, once again I am blown away by your gorgeous creations!! I love how you come up with so many new and wonderful ideas!!!

 
At 26 March, 2007 , Blogger Anthea said...

WOW julie, you have been busy!!! love all the Los!

 
At 26 March, 2007 , Blogger Louise said...

Julie you have outdone yourself!!! these LO's are b.... Marvelous !!! :):):)

 
At 27 March, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

love it all Julie. esp the heart one - gorgeous. and love the curlies one too.... cute!

 
At 27 March, 2007 , Blogger AnnetteL said...

OMG Julie look at all those gorgeous designs of yours you have been a busy scrapnut!!! I love them all! It's always great to have a place you can find peace and the waters edge is a pretty great place for that! You are really on fire with your scrapping! Great work and thanks for the inspriation! Take Care Cheers Annette

 
At 28 March, 2007 , Blogger *Beatriz Jennings* said...

WOW!!!!!!!! Julie this creations are just AWESOME! I love every one of them!!! TFS!

Bety :)

 
At 29 March, 2007 , Blogger Julie said...

Beautiful work with the layouts Julie - each one looks fabbo!!

 
At 29 March, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful work, Julie. I loved your Peace layout over in the Boxx gallery the other day.

Fiona
x

 
At 29 March, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, that was me above, who posted anonymously.

Fiona
x

 
At 29 March, 2007 , Blogger Julie said...

Hopped over from Louise's blog to say Hi !
Absolutely love your "piece of my hear" LO ... just gorgeous!!!!
Have a great weekend :)

 
At 30 March, 2007 , Blogger Mardi said...

Hi Julie... Im just popping in to see all your wonderful layouts...
Still no word on our CJ's unfortunatly...talk again soon...
Mardi x

 
At 30 March, 2007 , Blogger Kelley said...

Beautiful work Julie!!! Some awesome LOs there!!!

 
At 30 March, 2007 , Blogger Tammy said...

Hi Julie,
Thanks for popping by and saying hi. Each and everyone of these pages are just stunning.

 
At 30 March, 2007 , Blogger Sharryn Thomson said...

Julie your LO's are absolutely gorgeous but that waters edge one is the icing on the cake!!
Fabulous.
Cheers
Sharryn :)

 
At 31 March, 2007 , Blogger Renata Moni said...

Hi...I´m Renata from Brazil!
Just dropping by and i´m in love with your work!
You are very talented!

Best wishes!

 
At 31 March, 2007 , Blogger Karen L said...

Julie, I am just loving all your beautiful work - especially love your pink page with the puzzle piece. Realy love your curlies one too. Your work is really inspirational.

 
At 01 April, 2007 , Blogger Vicky said...

Gosh Julie your work is awesome, I just love the Black and White challenge, Great Job completing all 3 challenges, wish I could give out a prize for that, huge effort.
Chat soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home