Life happenings at Jacs place

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Cybercropping the weekend away
Thanks to the girls over at CIS an FA for some fun over the weekend. I got to get 5 out of the 7 challenges done. Dh went out to the boat show today so was out for most of it so that was a definate bonus.
For the first challenge at CIS we had to find something in our kitchen for inspiration. lol I wasn't allowed to be inspired by all my scrummy bg papers covering my kitchen bench. I found a packet of lasanga sheets and used the design on it for a sketch. We also had to include the word home and some hand sticthing.
This is a pic of Asher at two at Daycare where she loved the home corner. It was also the first time she had two piggies in her hair.
The second challenge was also an inspiration one. We had two pics to choose from that Jolene posted. One was a baby nursery pic and the other was a cushion. We also had to use something non scrappy on out pages somewhere. I had just finished of a roll of tape so I used that as a stamp to copy the circles on the cushion as well as the patch work background.

The pics are of Asher on her first b'day.

The third challenge was a sketch and we had to use material and circles. I love these pics of Asher and a good friend of ours Paul taken a few years back now.

Here is a sneak peek at my first challenge for FA. It was an inspiration chal as well. We had to find inspiration in an article of clothing and use no chipboard and stamping. I have always liked this shirt of Ashers and decided to go with that. The reason for just a sneak peek. I was able to kill two birds with one stone and did the challenge around a cj I had here at home to do and the cj owner sometimes pops in so I don't want to spoil her surprise totally now do I. lol

The second chal at FA was a kiss one. Keepsake,ink,stamping and sewing. I choose to do my page about the little scottie men given to me by my great aunt Jean. I couldn't get a good pic of them inside so took them outside for a photo shoot. Asher who hasn't seen them before as I have them stashed away till the day I have somewhere I can display them properly so she was facinated by them.

I didn't get to the third and bonus challenge at FA as Asher was wanting someone to play with her so I thought I'd better do the mummy thing. We had a great time playing shops and a card game.

Till next time happy scrapping girls.

15 Comments:

At 12 March, 2007 , Blogger Sonia said...

wow awesome effort julie, your certainly achieved loads. glad you had fun playing, and by the way we have extended the CC if you want to give your hand at the last 2 challenges.

chat later sonia

 
At 12 March, 2007 , Blogger Louise said...

Unreal Girl!!!!, you are amazingly creatively productive I just dont know how you do it, WTG !! :)x

 
At 13 March, 2007 , Blogger *Beatriz Jennings* said...

WOW!!! I love your creations they are always so beautiful!!!! I love the pink LO with the stamps in white I want to try that!!

Bety :)

 
At 13 March, 2007 , Blogger Julie said...

awesome work with all the challenges Julie - they look fantastic.

 
At 13 March, 2007 , Blogger Megan said...

Julie you blow me away each and every time. You create such wonderful layouts, they are all so very different and you always manage to do so many!!! love them!

Megan xx

 
At 13 March, 2007 , Blogger Janine said...

Wow Julie- you have been one busy scrapper- I love all your LOs, they are just so gorgeous! Well done!

 
At 13 March, 2007 , Blogger Kelley said...

All gorgeous LOs as always Julie!!! Very inspiring!!!

 
At 14 March, 2007 , Blogger Megan W said...

Julie youre LOs look awesome, cant believe how much scrappin you get done, oh the joys of children @ school, love the Pink inspired by one the stamping youve done look fantastic

 
At 14 March, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOWSERS Julie...you have been a busy little bee! They all look AWESOME!!!

 
At 14 March, 2007 , Blogger Karen L said...

Julie, you have certainly been busy and these LO's look amazing. You are certainly very creative. Love checking out your work.

 
At 15 March, 2007 , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Great job on all the pages! I especially love the one of Asher at the park!! So cute!!

 
At 15 March, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie, all your layouts are just so creative and gorgeous, and you have been very busy.

 
At 16 March, 2007 , Blogger kristy.lynn @ kristy.makes said...

awesome stuff jules! you never cease to amaze me :)

 
At 17 March, 2007 , Blogger Joanne Bain said...

Hi Julie
All of these layouts are fantastic.
Really love the bed hair one...so cute.
Joanne

 
At 17 March, 2007 , Blogger jaki said...

Hi Julie, I have finally managed to come over and visit, thanks for popping by my blog :)

Love all your LOs, you certainly keep busy, all those cyber crops and challenges are great aren't they!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home