Life happenings at Jacs place

Sunday, April 01, 2007

I've been at it again.
Scrapping, cyber cropping and chatting thats is and loving it.lol
The first two pages are my last two for the 123 cyber crop.
This one we had to use a quote from Kitiq, no cardstock and hearts.
At the moment for some reason whenever Asher has a fall or tumble she has to have a wipe hurt or not. Here she had not long fallen of the lounge, no bump nothing but had to have a wipe and two hairbands to hold it on so she didn't have to and could continue playing.
This one we had to scraplift a page from the Chook scraps gallery,used red, black and buttons.
This is a pic taken of me on our honeymoon in Bussleton a few years back now. Craig put in too much bubble bath but a girl can neber have enough bubbles can they.
I scraplifted a page from Toni T.
Sorry but the link was doing funny things with my side bar.
Thanks for the inspiation Toni.

This is my page for week 4 of the 12 week chal over at EM. This week we had to scrap a defining moment in our lives. I've had a few in my life but the day I met Craig was a big one for me. I met him in Fremantle and seeing as I didn't have any pics from the meeting I spent ages on the net looking for a pic of Fremantle that I could print and use. I managed to find this one of a set of steps and the photo is what gave me the idea for my page.

A close up pic of the layered flower and journaling on the tag. The journaling talks about the many steps that I have taken in my life and how they all in their own have have had a part in making me the person I am today. My biggest steps where those I took to meet Craig. It took a lot of guts from me to answer an add in the personal coloum. Totally shocked myself, family and friends a like. I very nearly didn't take those steps into Fremantle that day and it is those steps that have made me the me I am today.


You can check out the other pages here.


I managed to kill two birds with the one stone with this page. Bec from Scrapindipity had given me a few papers to have a play around with that mornig for the shop and I used some of them on the many steps page.

I also joined in on a cyber crop on Friday night. I had a few laughs with the girls over at F and A. There were three chals set for the night and of the three I got two done.

The first chal just wasn't inspiring me so I skipped that one and did two and three. Two was a timed challenge. We had to do a page using paint, stamping and metal embelies. In 30 minutes. I gathered up my supplies, put the timer on to go of at 7.30, then put in on again for 30 mins when it went of and scrapped away. I honestly didn't think I would get it done in the 30 mins but I did. Just finished the doodling on the pics when the buzzer went off. Seeing as the paint was a bit wet still I couldn't scan it so I took a couple of very bad pics and then replaced them later on when I got better ones.
The pics are of my fisherman. Fishing on our honeymoon.
The third challenge was a sketch one. We had to base the sketch around an animated movie. I used a play on words so to speak and came up with Tap happy feet. Asher has started doing tap and jazz dancing this year after two years of fun dance and she was so excited to get her tap shoes and start tapping. I dragged a chair outside to do a photo shoot of Asher in her dancing stuff and got some real cute pics.
I am really happy with how this one came out.
You can check out some the other pages here.
We went out and had some photos taken before dancing yesterday morning at one of those mobile studios that travel round the shopping centers. Asher had a ball and the girls managed to get some cute shots. They did a mix of pics with and with out her glasses as they kept on getting flash glare on her glasses. They tried getting her to tilt her head down a little as well as move her glasses down a bit too. She kept on trying to push them back up again and they managed to get a good shot of her pushing them back up.lol Can't wait to see them in a few weeks. They actually had a leaflet there about working for the company and I am thinking about looking into it.

I chatted with Charm and a few others girls on msm last night. Boy did we have a few laughs. My screen and keyboard nearly got sprayed a with coffee a few times while trying not too laugh with a moutful of coffee.lol I can't remember how many times I ended up laughing over those elusive monkeys.lol

Seeing as I was in the scrapping mood and I had some time up my sleeves as dd and dh were otherwise occupied with the tv and computer I pulled out a couple of the Red Rooster mugs I collected last year and scrapped them as easter gifts for Asher's teachers.
Seeing as I had printed out four of the smaller pics for the tap happy feet page I used a cut down pic on the tags. Was a bit hard to get a nice pic with the glare of the plastic over the papers.
We also made our easter hat for the hat parade on Tuesday. Asher had drawn the bunny and eggs herself a while ago and stashed them in her drawing basket to use when making her hat. Add a couple of stickers and a few scraps of paper from the easter gifts. Pull out a hat from the dress up basket and we have 1 easter hat.

I took these pics outside today. Over at EM Jolene has started up a photo comp. She is giving tips and mini lessons on taking better photos and we have to try out the tips and upload our best pic for each lesson. The first one was getting up close. These are three of my favs of about twenty that I took today.



I'm going to have another play around with the tips and see what else I can come up with as they don't need to be in till the end of the month.
You can find out more about the comp here.
The girls over at the apple yard are stating up a new comp too. A scraproom one. I'm not a hundred percent sure of all the details but it sounds like heaps of fun.
I've got two days of work this week then I am on holidays for a week and a day. Can't wait.
Well that's about all from me for now. Hope that you managed to stay awake through my ramble. Thanks for popping by and any comments that you may leave.
Till next time happy scrapping.



6 Comments:

At 01 April, 2007 , Blogger Megan said...

Hi Julie,

I am ALWAYS amazed at how much scrapping you get done!!! Your layouts are fabulous and I love the Li'l Davis journaling stamps you have used - so scrummy!

Megan xx

 
At 02 April, 2007 , Blogger kristy.lynn @ kristy.makes said...

I need a red rooster!!! I love this stuff girl.... the fishin one is AWESOME!!!! You rock!! ( as always)

i often wonder how you keep coming up with such great stuff... don't ya ever hit a dry spell?? :)

 
At 02 April, 2007 , Blogger Mel Diener said...

lol @ the wipe..it's funny how kids just have these little routines that they won't let go of.

Love all your layouts here too..gorgeous work.

 
At 02 April, 2007 , Blogger Louise said...

Hooley Dooley Julie, WTG!!!!!

 
At 02 April, 2007 , Blogger connie said...

I have a couple of those red rooster cups... yet to alter them ... maybe i should now!!

Loving all that scrapping!!!...

C....xxx

 
At 03 April, 2007 , Blogger *Beatriz Jennings* said...

Beautiful work as always!!! TFS!

Bety :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home