Life happenings at Jacs place

Friday, April 27, 2007

My Apple yard and Em btb challenges.
For this weeks scrap room comp challenge we had to scrap something from around the home that we could use in our scraproom or in my case for when I get one. lol
I chose to alter the lid of an old box that was once my Nana's. it was made for her by her Dad or my Grandfather from an old drink bottle crate. I wanted to try and keep the old world feel to it so just altered the lid and left the rest of the box as is.
It now sits on my unused tile fire until the day I eventually have my own scrapping space with all my buttons inside which by the way are now all sorted into colours for the loose ones.
And there is heaps of room for me to add to my stash of buttons over the years. Sure beats the plastic container I had them all mixed up in which I was having trouble getting closed. lol

You can check out the rest of the OTP projects here
http://mgnet.com.au/scrapapple/all_gallery.htm
there are a few in already but will be more in the next fews days or so.
And this is my page for the Em BTB challenge. We had to scrap about what we see when we see ourselves in the mirror.
I talked dh into going for a drive on Anzac day out to the hills to take some pics near the waters around the dams with strict instructions to take lots. Not too keen on this one but it was the best of four. So love dh's idea of lots.lol

Close up pic of the journaling and rub on details. I've been loving rub ons and letter stickers at the mo and have had fun playing around with putting the on chipboard and the paper too.
I got an order in yesterday from the Apple yard that had some yummy papers in it as well as some more scrummy stamps to add to my collection which is growing rapidly lately. I just can't help myself.lol The stamped flower embellie, the swirl and drangonfly near it are from my new Gel-a-tin stamp sets.
You can check out the other pages coming in here
some great stuff there as well.
Just want to say to all the girls over at Em that are there for the retreat this weekend hope you all have heaps of fun and don't forget the pics. So wish I could be over there with you all.
I'm of to a craft fair tomorrow. I so can't wait. Love going out to them and this time it will be without Asher. All last year we, Jane and I, would head up there after Asher's dancing class finished at 10.15 but this year she is in a different class and it dosen't get out till 12.15 so dh, much to his disgust and my delight, is on pickup duty. No more listening to my little angel whinging about wanting to go home or being bored. Heaven.
I'm a going to be a busy little scrapper or I should say chatter tonight. One of my fav forums is having a cc tonight as well as two others that I pop into now and again. So I am going to try and pop into all three. Yeap I'm crazy but most of you all know that by now. With the craft fair on tomorrow and me being out for most of the day I'm not too sure just how much I'll get done but I'm sure to have fun trying.lol
Anyway till next time thanks for popping by and the comments, if you leave on that is and happy scrapping.

4 Comments:

At 28 April, 2007 , Blogger kristy.lynn @ kristy.makes said...

i love that giant arrow! great lo's girl! love the box... i wish i had enough buttons to fill it! :)

 
At 28 April, 2007 , Blogger Amie said...

I just love your button box, Your work is just stunning as usual.

Amie

 
At 28 April, 2007 , Blogger connie said...

love your button box.. may have to get me one of those!!!

C..xxx

 
At 28 April, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been too long since I visited here!! Your work is stunning as usual. I freakin LOVE that LO of you. That button box is a cool idea. I may have to give that one a go!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home