Life happenings at Jacs place

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Two posts in one day.
But then again it has been a day of good news. I am so doing the happy dance. DH wants me to sell it so that I can split the winnings so to speak. In your dreams baby. lol
A few of my online scrappy pals have asked me what I had to do for the scraproom comp that I won over at the appleyard so I thought I re post my enteries for each challenge rather than send them all on a hunt for them through past posts of which you all know there are heaps.lol
The first challenge was to do a double pager about how our areas are at the moment and what plans we have for them. So I took out the camera and snapped some pics of my handy dandy kitchen bench in action and some areas of my storage too.
This is a closer look at the left side. As you can see from the middle pic my bench gets a good work out on the weekends as does my family room floor where some of my other goodies sit.lol
This is the right side. The pics are of my storage in a shared spare bedroom with dh and his computer/music stuff.
A close up of my plan. I hopefully get an island bench or bench high buffet to scrap at and have it a part of my family room.
Just a close up of my journaling or some of it and a tip for trying to do a lot of strip journaling. Don't start to chop it all up at some rediculous hour of 12.00 at night. Took me over an hour to do and if I left it and it got messed up it would of been fun tryingto sort it all out again.NOT!
The second challenge was to revamp our ribbon storage and scrap it.

As I am happy with the way it is I just scrapped it as it is.
The third was to alter something to use in our spaces. This is my button box which is only a 1/4 full if I'm lucky.lol
The box was given to me after my Nan died and was made by either her Dad or my Grandad out of old drink crates. I wanted to try and keep an old world look to it so just did the lid. I did it in the colours of my first page too as if I do get my own space it will probably be in the mint/cream colours.
The fourth challenge was to scrap a page about our favorite colour and mine is purple. I did this pageafter attending a class taught by Emily Falconbridge and was trying out the freestyle look but dont think I pulled it of.
As you may be able to read in the journaling purple is my favorite but it is something I don't wear alot or use alot in my scrapping. It just is and has been since I was little.
Challenge five we had to sort out our embellies and scrap it.
As with my ribbons they are pretty much sorted out. Oh and I do know I've left the second l of.lol
The last was a free choice challenge and I decided to stick to the scraproom theme and scrapped my stacks of pizza boxes awaiting to go into albums.
I have used my new 7 Gypsies journaling stamp heaps since this page and just love it.
Well there are my enteries again.
I would like to thank Dawn and Kelly over at the appleyard for a wonderful comp. I've had so much fun doing my pages and checking out the enteries each week from the other girls. Everyone did some great stuff.
I would also like to thank everyone for their congrats too. I so can't wait to set up my new storage space,sort out my stuff and most probably go out and buy some new things to fill it up.lol
Thanks for stopping bye and any comments and till next time happy scrapping.




8 Comments:

At 30 May, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous layouts, most definitely a well deserved win.

 
At 30 May, 2007 , Blogger Unknown said...

awesome stuff Julie & congrats!

 
At 31 May, 2007 , Blogger deirdre said...

You go girl! A very well deserved win, your projects rock!!!!!

 
At 31 May, 2007 , Blogger Louise said...

Oh Julie Im so so glad you won this comp, you so deserved it!!!!!!
WTG!!!! :) :) :)

 
At 31 May, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Julie!! Well Done, you have created some stunning stuff! love it :)

 
At 01 June, 2007 , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, beautiful layouts and congrats on the win!!
Thanks for the comments you left on my blog :)

 
At 01 June, 2007 , Blogger Petrina McDonald said...

Congratulations - a most deserving winner!
Petrina :)

 
At 01 June, 2007 , Blogger Mardi said...

Congratulations Julie...that is fabulous news...what a wonderful prize.... and so deserving.

...now....LOL at you!! ... pwease pwease dont tease me about that thing on your handy dandy bench...lol
(were you pleased with yours??)

Mardi x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home