Life happenings at Jacs place

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Some pics, some news and some pages.
I've had a busy weekend out here full of fun and lots of scrapping.
While I went out to a craft fair with my friend Jane on Saturday Craig picked Asher up from dancing and they went of fishing. I had just gotten back to Janes when he rang and said to come on down as Asher was cathing fish and seeing as I could hear her excited scqealing in the background I pop on down making a detour for the camera first.lol
There is a small fish on the end of the line. She was so excited that she caught it she was waving the rod all over the place. I nearly got hit with the fish in the face. That one was too small to keep but she had another in the bucket that was on the menu for tea that night. It was a pity that there wasn't much of a meal to feed the three of us so she eat her fish sandwich compliments of Craig and we had takeaway.
Now for some news. We may have a new addition to our little family. Asher was so excited this morning to see this little kitten in our yard. It has hung around all day. We have said to Asher that if it is still around after she gets home from daycare tomorrow we will let it in and try to find it's owners. If no ones claims her or Lucy as she has already been called Asher will have her first pet and Craig has agreed that if by some chance someone does claim her we can get another one. Asher has been on cloud nine for most of the afternoon and although I won't be home when she gets home I'm sure the first thing she will be racing to the back door to see if she is still around. And now for my pages. Crazy me joined in on not 2 but 3 cc's on Friday night. It was crazy at times but I had fun and I've been making a dent in the back log of older photos of Asher.
This page is for chal 1 over at CIS. We had to follow a sketch and use distressing on the page. This is the page I ended up with.
When I first did the doodling on the frame I wasn't liking it but it has grown on me now.

This page is for the 2nd chal at CIS. We had to use hole punches in a decorative way and include doodling.
I used my silent setter for doing the holes on this and I forgot ,yet again how annoyed I get with using it. The hole punch side of it has a mind of it's own. Sometimes it is easy to use and others it's not. I think it may have something to do with the build up of little dots in it. I was there for about 5 mins after finishing this page with a needle trying to get them out. 1 bent needle later and most are still in there. lol
Thanks for the fun chals Jolene and to the girls for the chat. Can't wait for the next one.
This is my page for chal 1 over at Scrap Divas. We had to use the quote, can't remember who by, about beauty, a picture of a beauty and circles.
This page was a challenge and a half in itself. It wasn't meant to have the red strip across it. I stuffed up some stamping, some of it over the photo so had to do a cover up job.
This is the second chal for Scrap Divas. We had to use a close up pic, 1 patterned paper and 5 or more embellies.
I do have a close up of the journaling but forgot to post it here but it says In your eyes I can see that you believe in the magic that is christmas.
Thanks to the girls over at Divas for the fun chals and the chat.
This is for the 1st chal over at F A. They had a Sesame Street theme and we had two options to choose from either The count page-purple and black including numbers or the Cookie Monster page-blue and about food.

I chose the Count option and scrapped several pics from Asher's 2nd birthday celebrations which went over three days.

Thanks girls for the chat and some great chals.

I christened some of my new clear stamps on this page. The Gel-a-tins build a florish ones. They are so yummy.

Roll on Wednesday, the end of my working week and better yet roll on Thursday. I've got a class over at Scrapbooks from the heart with Emily Falconbridge. I so can't wait. lol
Well I think I have taken up enough of your time for now. Till next time thanks for stopping by, for any comments you leave and hope you all have a great time scrapping.




18 Comments:

At 30 April, 2007 , Blogger AnnetteL said...

Wow 3 CC's how do you do it? I love all your LO's Julie!. I love your doodled frame in your first layout. That kitten looks so adorable! Have a great week. Cheers Annette

 
At 30 April, 2007 , Blogger Unknown said...

OMG - I thought you were going to say you were preggo! I don't know how you get all that work done - but it is swesome Julie!

 
At 30 April, 2007 , Blogger Liz Weber said...

You are a busy scrapper aren't you Julie ;-)
Love your layouts for the CIS Cybercrop. Don't know how you squeezed in so many other layouts for all the cybercrops but well done.
I thought you were going to say you were pregnant too LOL. That kitten looks so adorable. I always think kids are better for having pets of their own.
Have fun at the Emily Falconbridge class you lucky thing.
See you at CIS :-)

 
At 30 April, 2007 , Blogger Manon Keir said...

3.. I hd a hard time just finishing one!!! Great photo of Asher fishing.. Love your LO's. Hey I thought you were pregnant too! I used to have cats and they make fantastic pets!!

 
At 30 April, 2007 , Blogger Anthea said...

WOW look at all of those LOs, I dont know were you find the time Julie!!

YEP will have to organise catching up again one day soon!! LOL

 
At 30 April, 2007 , Blogger Francine Burgess said...

loved yopur CIS layouts Julie, just gorgeous and boy werent you on a roll with three ccs..lol you go girl!

 
At 01 May, 2007 , Blogger Vicky said...

Ohhh I had a black cat called Lucy when I was a little girl too!
Thats so exciting!!
Love your layouts, I really do! I cant believe how many youcan do it takes me ages and ages just to do one your so quick! Well done , amazong photos too!

 
At 01 May, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Julie, you have done some gorgeous layouts, I have just checked out what I have missed, and the box you made was beautiful.

When you mentioned about the new little addition, I held my breath thing you know !! and then I realised you were talking about the kitten LOL !! which is just lovely.

You have done some amazing work Julie, and can't wait to meet you in Perth.

Best Wishes

Carole xx

 
At 01 May, 2007 , Blogger Megan said...

LOL Julie - how can you do 3 cc's all at once??!! You crack me up! All your layouts look fab - well done!

 
At 01 May, 2007 , Blogger Sarah said...

Is your new addition still with you??? Enjoy Emily's class. It was so awesome in Sydney, although so out of my comfort zone :)

 
At 01 May, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you have been a busy little bee over the weekend :)
Love all the gorgeous LO's you created.
Take care
Tammy

 
At 02 May, 2007 , Blogger jilly said...

These are just fabulous Julie! I can't believe how many you can scrap!!!! Gosh that would take me a month!
xxJill

 
At 02 May, 2007 , Blogger Jolene Pienaar said...

wow Julie, all those awesome LO's and how exciting about your class, you lucky duck! Make sure to share :P

 
At 02 May, 2007 , Blogger Mel Diener said...

Love all your layouts Julie. Yay on your DD catching fish, I still get excited when I have something on my line, so I can only imagine how excited she must have been...so adorable.

 
At 02 May, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW Julie you are a scrapping machine...well done on completing all those beautiful layouts on the weekend...what a cute kitten, hope Asher got to keep it..Enjoy your class tomorrow:-)

 
At 02 May, 2007 , Blogger deirdre said...

OMG Julie, these pages and the ones in the pervious posts are AMAZING!!!!!!!
And Lucy is gorgeous, hope no-one claims her, puuuuurrrrrrr :)

 
At 02 May, 2007 , Blogger kristy.lynn @ kristy.makes said...

awesome stuff jules.. i am amazed constantly at how much you crank out!

Asher is soo cute... and so TINY!!!

 
At 04 May, 2007 , Blogger Kelley said...

Beautiful LOs Julie!! Those pics are great too!!
I love them stamps you have used on the bottom LO!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home