Life happenings at Jacs place

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Good news week


Well as you can probablly guess by my title I've had some good news this week. Still no luck on the whole subbing side of things but the next best thing I guess.

I entered the wings challenge over at the Inkurable stampers challenge blog with this card I made up for a friends daughter's birthday and I have won a set of Prima journaling stamps.and I joined in on April's Scrapping word pictures challenge to and my Giddy up page won a prize there. What's happening in Therapy.

While the girls were of retreating and having a ball Pt, the non retreaters and myself were cyber cropping. To give the retreaters a bit more time to upload the challenges when they get home the upload date has been extended to Tuseday midnight so if you feel like a challenge or two there is still time. All the challenge are posted here.

It was my turn to set the card challenge this month and this is what I came up with to fit in with our monthly friends theme.Asher got to set the junior challenge and had heaps of fun scrapping a picture of Shaleah, her bestie from school last year. She ended up moving half way through the year but they still keep in touch.Laura over at Therpay was last months cyber crop super star and she got the chance to run a blind challenge on Friday night. I ended up getting a part of the instructions mixed up so my page is going to look nothing like the rest.
We were surposed to journal around the papers somewhere and as I didn't really have room for it I journaled straight onto the paper once, stuffed it up, covered it up then stuffed it a second time. So I did some creative embellishing and decide on a journal box instead.
On Wednesday night I ran one of two regular monthly blind scraps and this is the page I did up the instructions from.

lol I got the girls a bit confused when we got up to the instructions on the photo matting part. We all had a few laughs over it and the pages that they came up with look great.

May's inspiration challenge has just been posted too and this is my page for it. I had some fun doing up the flower garden and bird house on this page that I may even try something similar again. Be on the look out for some more pics form this photo shoot. Asher had one of her top teeth fall out the day before and I have got some real cute toothy grin pics in amongst the 40 odd I took.

Nat asked me a few weeks back if I would put together a small OTP and layout class for her to teach at the retreat this weekend and now that it is over I can share it. I did up the tag as the OTP part of it then incorporated it into the layout.

Nat loved it, although one of my girl friends wasn't a happy stamper. When I was putting togther the page below I did it when scrapping with her and the next Wednesday she wanted to use the same stamps I used and they were In QLD with Nat. Boy was I in the bad books.

I had done this layout the week before with a tag that I did up for the Hero Arts bird blog challenge and then used it on my layout for the Dream girls Get real challenge and liked it so much that I based Nat's layout around it so didn't share it either.


I made up a card and gift bag for a friends birthday dinner and seeing as I did it up on National Scrapbooking Day I put up a simple step by step post on the Therapy blog.
I had fun doing this up and decided to part with some of my ever growing Therpay stash by putting up a challenge. You can find out all the details here.
In amongst my ever growing Therapy stash I have had some MME stuff for a while and I pulled them out to have a play around with the die cut alphas and used them as a photo mat for my photo on this page I did up for the latest Hero Arts blog challenge .

Well guys if you got this far a big thanks for hanging around. I didn't think this was going to be a big post but I didn't realize there was a lot that I hadn't shared that I now can.

Anyway as usual thanks for stopping by, any comments you leave, happy scrapping and till next time see you all in Therpay.















5 Comments:

At 05 May, 2008 , Blogger Giovanna Scott said...

Thanks Julie for a great layout design. We had so much fun putting it together. Yep, those stamps are DIVINE!!!

 
At 06 May, 2008 , Blogger Liz Weber said...

Congrats on your wins Julie - not surprising considering your gorgeous work. Glad to see you still scrapping up a storm.

 
At 08 May, 2008 , Blogger kerry said...

Thanks Julie for the layout design i enjoyed doing it and your stamps were awesome loved them.I will post my layout on my blog.take care Kerryxx

 
At 09 May, 2008 , Blogger Belinda Venables said...

Way to go Julie...your on a roll!
I loved your layout irl too...very stunning!
Belinda
xx

 
At 10 May, 2008 , Blogger Jane F. Smith said...

some fantastic work Julie and again congrats on all your challenges and prizes!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home