Life happenings at Jacs place

Sunday, May 25, 2008

It was my birthday

this week and I have had a great week. I took Wednesday of as I have a personal rule never to work on mine or Asher's b'days.
I got some money to spend, which I had planned to spen at the craft fair in Perth this weekend but I didn't spend it all. I was pretty surprised actually as this is the one big fair that I usually spend heaps at. My friends gave me some yummy stamps and some chalks both of which I have already used.
What's happening over at Therpay?
A lot just now. We have two comps running. The Squash, scratch and sample competition is into it's second week. Therapy member Corolla won the first weeks prize package and there are a few more on offer too. Therapy's Make believe masters is on again and after the sucess of the competition last year it is going to be an anual event. The challenges are the same as the real ones for those of us not game enough to give them ago.
The June kit is up in store. I had the chance to play around with it this month and this is what I came up withand there is ample paper and card left over for a few more layouts too.
Also my Love the things you say class kit has gone up in the shop too. I had fun putting this togther and hope that you can join me for the class.
This months manufacture of the month is Basic Grey so head on over and get 20% of the yummy papers and pop a Basic grey page into the monthly challenge too.
I did this one up using some scrummy Arcahic papers.I followed the steps for this months Scrapping word pictures challenge. I had a look at some of the pages put in for it and I love the different takes on the same instructions.
The Hero arts blog challenge for last week was to use flowers and I had some fun making up this card for my niece's b'day.

I also have an altered project to share with you all but will do durring the week or on Sunday as I will be popping it up on the Therpay blog as part of a blog challenge.

Well that is about all from me for now so as always thanks for popping in and any comments you may leave and till next time happy scrapping and hope to see you in Therapy.

8 Comments:

At 25 May, 2008 , Blogger Jenn Biederman said...

Wow, Julie! Loving the Basic Grey layout! Happy Belated Birthday! Congratulations on your win at DreamGirls! That looks like a fun site...and fairly new. More inspiration for us creative seekers! Will definitely be popping in to check out your happenings. :)

 
At 26 May, 2008 , Blogger Jaimee said...

happy birthday Julie.. and Asher too! hope you both had lovely days.

 
At 26 May, 2008 , Blogger Anthea said...

Happy Belated Birthday Julie! more lovely pieces of art you have to share also, and I love your Scrapping Word Pictures LO!

 
At 26 May, 2008 , Blogger Belinda Venables said...

I hope you had a fab day Julie!

Love the latest layout - yummo!

Your class looks fab too.

Belinda
xx

 
At 26 May, 2008 , Blogger Erin Glee said...

Wow, Julie! You're a PRO! I'm over here on your cute blog to wish you a Happy Birthday WEEK.... glad you took wed. off, but you get to keep celebrating at least through next Wed., OK?
I am a Hero Arts Club member, and saw that you started a "blog roll"... Thanks! (I don't have a blog, just read 'em).

 
At 27 May, 2008 , Blogger kerry said...

Julie congrats on the win at dream street you really are on a roll.And for the submission at sc.take care Kerry xx

 
At 28 May, 2008 , Blogger kristy.lynn @ kristy.makes said...

happy *belated* birthday jules!
so glad you got to do something fun w/ your birthday money!

i LOVE the explorer lo. so very very cute!

(ps... i MISS you!!!)

 
At 07 June, 2008 , Blogger Marge said...

Love this card!!!

Happy belated birthday; mine was exactly one week before yours!

Nice blog; I'll pop in again!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home