Life happenings at Jacs place

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Cyber cropping fun


What's happening in Therapy
Yeap the girls over at Therapy have been having fun cyber cropping this weekend. As there was a few issues with the site this morning the upload date has been extended till Tuseday night so there is still heaps of time to get a challenge or two done.
This month I got to set the first challenge. The challenge was to use the word diamonds in your title or journaling, a diamond shape on your layout and two types of bling. Here is my sample page
and a page I did for B's inspiration challenge
and a set of gift cards I did for Relsi's card challenge. I didn't get to do PT's sketch as my weekend just ran away from me.
The winner of round 1 of the MBM was announced on Friday durring the cyber crop chat and Mandy's page is a well desevered winner.
We are into week four of the Squash,scratch and sample competition so if you would like to be in with the chance to have a pizza box full of goodies heading your way pop on over and start chatting.
Do you like the new Noteworthy? I know I do. Nat has uploaded some to the shop but it probably won't be there for long. My favorite alphas are gone already.
What's been happening at home
I have been trying to get around to joining in on some of the awesome challenge blogs out there and have managed to a page for the 123 challenge blogand one for the White with one challenge blog. I hope to try and get to one or two more done of other challenges too before the end of the month.
I had to have a laugh the other day. Wasn't funny then though. I was talking to Asher's teachers at school on Thursday about and incident that happened on Wednseday. They came across her stuborn side in a major way. They were doing an art activity and had to scrunch up paper and collage it. Nothing too hard. Asher did three, pushed her chair away from the table and sat with her arms folded in front of her and refused to do anymore. No amount of talking to would change her mind. In the end she was taken over to see her pre primary teacher who she gets on well with, still refusing, threatened with calling Dad and even that didn't change her mind. In the end she was taken up to the office and the headmaster had a word with her she came back to the class to do it but by this time everyone had finished so she had to stay in at recess on Thursday to do it. All through it though she wasn't upset at all not even one tear. The thought of having to go to the headmasters office didn't phase her at all the loveable cheeky little sod. The funny thing was before all this happened it was decided that she was going to get an honour certificate on Friday morning. Which she ended up getting. I pretty sure if it hadn't of been sorted out before for little episode she wouldn't of gotten it.
Anyway that is all from me for now so as always thanks for popping by and any comment that you leave and till next time happy scrapping and see you in Therapy.

5 Comments:

At 08 June, 2008 , Blogger kristy.lynn @ kristy.makes said...

too funny about asher julie... they get it in their little minds sometimes, and it just makes ya crazy!!

girl. seriously. your lo's are still absolutely amazing.. and the rate at which you crank them out makes my eyeballs bulge! i love the white challenge one!

so happy to see you doing well! :)

 
At 09 June, 2008 , Blogger Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

LOVE all these goodies!!!
From Andi, one of your Hero Arts blog pals and fans!

 
At 09 June, 2008 , Blogger Belinda Venables said...

Stunning layouts Julie. I love your layout from my CC challenge - just beautiful!
Belinda
xx

 
At 14 June, 2008 , Blogger mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Your work is all SO gorgeous! I can't believe that tree! :0)

 
At 16 June, 2008 , Blogger Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Mel sent me over. I love your 3-D pieces. They are so inspirational!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home