Life happenings at Jacs place

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Pics, projects and a secret too

We have had a nice relaxing weekend here. We went out for lunch down near the river on Saturday. I've scrapped a bit and we also attacked the garden a little today. lol it needs a whole lot more though.
Here are a few of the photos I've taken over the weekend.
We have early closing at school every Friday at 1.00 and when Asher got home she changed her clothes. Now here it is winter and although the days have been sunny here it is still cold and guess what she picks to wear. Shorts and tshirt. Go figure she goes to school with a jumper on durring the week and leaves it on all day but will live in shorts and tshirt on the weekends if I let her.
I took these next few pics down by the river. Yeap my girl really wasn't being co-operative again about having her photo taken but I guess she gets it from Craig as he wasn't behaving either. I have a few pics of them both together with tounges out.

What's been happening over in Therapy.

The round 2 winner of the Make believe masters was announced. Congrats Mandy a well deserved and very close win. The round 3 gallery is filling up with some yummy keepsake ideas now too.

I have also posted the materials list for my free love the things you say box class next Saturday. Would love to see you there if you have no other plans.

We will also be blind scrapping on Wednesday night. The details should be up very soon.

What's been happening at home.

I have had a bit more nice news this week.

Over at the Hero Arts blog last weeks challenge was and inspiration one. One of the girls from the flicker group picked out a card of mine as her inspiration, her card won a prize and they gave me one too.

My Wonderful world layout that I did for the Scrapping the music challenge blog was added to their hall of fame.

I found out not long ago that I won a voucher for my pick up card over at the TSE cybercrop and I also won a game that they had in the chat room tonight.

I joined in on a Friday night frenzy over at The scrapbook shelf on Friday night. Lots of laughs and some fun challenges both of which I managed to do.

The card challlenge was to use circles and I cut out some from a sheet of Scenic Route paper and turned them into some trees. The layout challenge really got me thinking. We had to use 1 cardstock,1 piece of pp, a 1 word title,1 length of ribbon and 1 embellie. I cheated a little as my flower looked bare with out a center so added a button.

I also had some even better news but I can't spill just yet but have been having a few laughs with the girls over at Therapy as they have been trying to guess what it is. They have come up with a list of a few possibilities ranging from being asked to join the Hero Arts team to a magazine editor. I wish.
Well that is about all from me for now so as always thanksfor stopping by and any comments you leave and til next time happy scrapping and I hope to see you in Therapy soon.

8 Comments:

At 23 June, 2008 , Blogger Belinda Venables said...

Love the pictures Julie - Asher is making me feel cold just looking at her...lol.

Oohh - a secret...what could it be? ;) When your editor of the scrapmag - could I be your assistant? lol

Belinda
xx

 
At 23 June, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet secrets :0)
It can be fun to have a happy secret hey Julie ;0)

 
At 23 June, 2008 , Blogger kristy.lynn @ kristy.makes said...

julie, can't wait to hear your news! :)

 
At 23 June, 2008 , Blogger Erin Glee said...

HI JULIE! I'm guessing that your good news is that you have been asked to be on a Design team...hmm , which one is it? I was so glad when you one a prize for BEING the inspiration. I love all your work! Erin Glee from HA Flickr Group : )

 
At 24 June, 2008 , Blogger Jane F. Smith said...

Super pics there Julie!!!!

 
At 24 June, 2008 , Blogger Cherie said...

Great Pics Julie and I LOVE your layouts and your cards are just UNREAL...

Thanks for poping in and saying Hi on my blog too

Cherie xx

 
At 26 June, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohh i cant wait to find out your secret!!! hurry up and spill it!!

 
At 28 June, 2008 , Blogger Jennifer Priest said...

That card and that layout both rock! WOWOWOWOWOW!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home